Summer 2020 Manufacturing Intern-Boulder, CO
Hachette Book Group offers paid summer internships to students and recent graduates interested in a career in book publishing. Our summer internship program, which runs from June 1st – August 7th and allows interns to work 28 hours per week, offers students an opportunity to learn about the publishing industry and explore an area of interest.
As an HBG Manufacturing Intern, you will have the opportunity to work closely with seasoned professionals and gain hands-on professional experience as you own day-to-day tasks, help with special projects, and attend departmental meetings.
To enhance your work experience, we offer educational sessions featuring speakers from all departments of the company as well as networking and career development opportunities.
Who you are:
- A rising junior or senior, graduate student, or recent graduate interested in exploring a career in book publishing
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic and excited about discussing recent books you’ve read
- Possess a great attitude and a desire to learn as well as excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team and contribute insights
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobate and InDesign a plus
What you will do:
- Assist Production Associates in scheduling printings, estimating print jobs, issuing Purchase Orders, trafficking materials, and reviewing printed samples for quality.
- Develop relationships with offsite printers, colleagues in other Hachette offices, as well as local Production Editorial and Design and Composition staff.
- Attend bi-weekly and monthly manufacturing meetings with local staff as well as colleagues in the NY office.
- Assist with planning and participate in the annual Denver Publishing Institute tour of our office, including networking with graduates of the program.
How to apply:
In order to be considered, all candidates must submit both a resume and cover letter.