Night Picking Supervisor
SUMMARY: To supervise the Night Operations Picking Department. Primary areas of responsibility will include replenishment operations (IBOD machine), carton labeling, and pub mail. There is a potential for continues growth which could include additional staffing and Piece Picking responsibilities. This person will ensure that work in the picking area is efficiently completed per Company and department procedures and will maintain a safe, clean and professional environment for all 2nd shift employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule and maintain daily coverage of the department.
- Train and orient all new second shift picking employees.
- Maintain equipment used on second shift including walkie riders, counter balances, cold seal machine, and the IBOD machine.
- Monitor and analyze employee productivity, performance tracking, and document any system and/or personnel issues.
- Maintain daily progress reports for upper management, documenting all issues.
- Meet daily with the 1st shift picking department supervisor and together, prepare a plan of tasks to be completed nightly and develop a strategy to accomplish these tasks.
- Meet daily with the Senior DC Operations manager and Night Operations manager to review work schedules for the picking area and to review the strategy to accomplish these tasks by setting priorities in the event all tasks cannot be completed;
- Special projects as assigned.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: As assigned.
- Second shift Picking employees
- Responsible for tracking attendance and vacation time
- Responsible for weekly approval and adjusting of time sheets
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the aptitude to communicate effectively in both individual and group settings regardless of audience
- Must be results driven, and take appropriate steps to achieve goals while taking ownership of situations as needed
- Proven ability to deliver timely, accurate work product and demonstrate good follow up and follow through
- Drives change and innovation by improving work product or process, and challenges established norms where appropriate
- Proven ability to build supportive and constructive relationships within and outside of the organization; takes the lead in inspiring others to work together for mutual benefit
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively while also ensuring accuracy of work through attention to detail
- Operates ethically: admits mistakes, treats others with respect, trust, and dignity, demonstrates honest and ethical behavior, and follows through on commitments and agreements
- Must be able to provide guidance and feedback to direct reports, peers and associates; empowers team by delegating decision making when appropriate and creates practices, processes and procedures that result in greater efficiency
- PC skills required and familiarity with WMS desired;
- Familiarity with radio frequency technology a plus;
- Ability to operate and supervise employees on walkie riders, counter balances, RF equipment, and IBOD machine.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Equivalent to at least a 2 year college or university degree and minimum 3 years relevant experience.