Summer 2020 Managing Editorial Intern - Boston, MA
Hachette Book Group offers paid summer internships to students and recent graduates interested in a career in book publishing. Our summer internship program, which runs from June 1st – August 7th and allows interns to work 28 hours per week, offers students an opportunity to learn about the publishing industry and explore an area of interest.
As an HBG Managing Editorial Intern, you will have the opportunity to work closely with seasoned professionals and gain hands-on professional experience as you own day-to-day tasks, help with special projects, and attend departmental meetings.
- A rising junior or senior, graduate student, or recent graduate interested in exploring a career in book publishing
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic and excited about discussing recent books you’ve read
- Possess a great attitude and a desire to learn as well as excellent organizational skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Applying for Library of Congress CIP data
- Style manuscripts for XML workflow and send to freelance copyeditors
- Review copyedited manuscripts before submitting for editorial review; after editorial review, reconcile all changes and queries and perform cleanup before delivering to Production.
- Print page mechanicals and send to freelance proofreaders
- Collate editorial markup with proofreader markup before delivering to Production
- Check that changes and corrections have been made correctly
- Transmitting and reviewing reprint changes
- Proofread cover copy and cover and insert mechanicals
In order to be considered, all candidates must submit both a resume and cover letter. Please note that you are responsible for your own housing during the duration of the internship