Test Software Developer - Fleet
About Clearpath Robotics Inc.
Clearpath Robotics Inc. develops the future of robotics technology through development and sale of industry-leading self-driving technology, products, and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s research and industrial divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO™ Motors. Clearpath Robotics Inc. is an award-winning company with recent awards including Robotics Business Review Top 50 Robotics Company, Edison Award for Innovation, Business Insider Top 40 under 40, and Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
About OTTO™ Motors
OTTO™ Motors is making material handling in industrial settings safer, easier, and more efficient through development of hardware and software that automates movement of goods in busy factories and warehouses. The company’s industry-leading self driving technology provides automated and on-demand material handling in the most demanding industrial environments, spanning automotive, medical device, aerospace, logistics, and more. Customers trusting their mission-critical material handling needs to OTTO Motors include Fortune 100 brands GE, Toyota, and Caterpillar. For more information visit www.ottomotors.com.
About the Job
We are looking for an Intermediate or Senior Test Software Developer to help validate OTTO Motors Fleet Manager at scale. Specifically, we are looking for a dedicated, knowledgeable individual to help, with the potential to lead, existing and new developments in large virtual fleet stochastic test environments.
- Provide domain ownership over our large virtual fleet stochastic testing systems - be the company expert on these systems and drive improvements & coverage.
- Design and develop test tools to validate all parts of the Fleet Manager product at scale by expanding our current frameworks as well as implementing new solutions when necessary.
- Provide a long-term vision for our large virtual fleet testing based on top-level requirements.
- Create and maintain testing and development best practices.
- Work with test technicians to provide second level triage for the full stack virtual fleet test systems.
- Conduct regular performance analysis of the Fleet Manager and establish performance benchmarks.
- Establish strong feedback loops back into development and infrastructure teams.
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job and are never satisfied with less than 100% effort. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems.
As a Test Developer in Fleet Software you know software test frameworks and strive to automate whatever you can along the way. You keep on top of the latest technologies and have an unnatural love for destroying things just to see how they work. You’re also an excellent communicator and team player with an eye toward leadership, and you’ve got a real knack for coming up with solutions that make (and keep) people happy.
- Post-secondary diploma in Computer Systems Technology, Software development or related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Designing and implementing test automation against large scale systems
- Writing automation against REST and/or WebSocket APIs
- Programming in Python or similar Object Oriented languages
- Linux scripting languages (e.g. bash, awk etc.)
- Analysing data (logs/metrics etc.) from large systems in order to diagnose complex issues
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment
- Git or similar version control experience (BitBucket, Github, etc.)
- Familiarity with defect tracking systems such as JIRA, Bugzilla or others.
- Familiarity with stochastic testing principles and methods.
- Experience using distributed systems and virtualisation SW.
- Experience working with or using ROS (Robot Operating System).
- Experience writing unit tests.
- Experience with test validation of complex integrated systems and/or software.
Clearpath is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.