Hardware Program Manager
Position: Hardware Program Manager
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Experience: 5 - 10 Years relevant experience
Education: Bachelor's or certificate relevant to managing technical projects
Division: OTTO Motors
About Clearpath Robotics Inc.
Clearpath Robotics Inc. develops the future of robotics technology through development and sale of industry-leading self-driving technology, products, and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s research and industrial divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO™ Motors. Clearpath Robotics Inc. is an award-winning company with recent awards including Robotics Business Review Top 50 Robotics Company, Edison Award for Innovation, Business Insider Top 40 under 40, and Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
About OTTO™ Motors
OTTO™ Motors is making material handling in industrial settings safer, easier, and more efficient through development of hardware and software that automates movement of goods in busy factories and warehouses. The company’s industry-leading self driving technology provides automated and on-demand material handling in the most demanding industrial environments, spanning automotive, medical device, aerospace, logistics, and more. Customers trusting their mission-critical material handling needs to OTTO Motors include Fortune 100 brands GE, Toyota, and Caterpillar. For more information visit www.ottomotors.com.
About the Job
We are shipping more and more robots and are taking on bigger and better contracts. We need someone to help improve the project management for our Hardware Engineering teams.
As a Program Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating project deliverables and serving as the point of contact between customers and other departments. Your goal is to manage the efforts of team members to ensure our projects are delivered on time and ensuring our customers’ needs are met.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Scheduling, Task Decomposition and Resource Allocation
- Experience creating and maintaining a project schedule
- Experience working individually and with technical leads to identify:
- Tasks and Dependencies
- Resources Requirements (Personnel, Equipment, etc.)
- Bill-Of-Materials (BOM) Tracking - tracking changes, additions, and removals.
- Tracking Requirements and Specifications
- Ensure completion of requirements catalogue
Status Collection and Reporting on Project Execution
- Experience with Agile development life cycle methodologies (SCRUM, Sprints, etc.)
- Experience maintaining a rolling Action Item list
- Experience reporting on project status to superiors and peers
- Conduct project meetings and take responsibility for project tracking and analysis.
- Risk Assessment and Management
- Experience maintaining a Risk Register
- Issue Escalation
- Conflict Resolution
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
- Project Management Software
- Gantt Charts
- Task and Issue Tracking (i.e. JIRA)
- Configuration Control
- Requirements and Specifications tracking
- BOM change tracking
- Word Processing
You want to work for a small company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems. Oh, and you have some form of higher education with the common sense to back it up.
As our next Project Manager, you know how to under promise and over deliver, adapt to changing directions, priorities and personalities, and be a world-class juggler… with projects and deadlines that is. You have exceptional project management experience from previous work placements. Bonus points for managing engineering related projects.
- Undergraduate degree or significant experience in a relevant discipline. Additional education in business administration, operations, or project management an asset.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project or similar planning software
- 3-4 years of project management experience from previous work placements (co-ops included)
- Unusually great organizational skills and time management skills
- An ability to drive change and create a workflow from scratch
- Conflict resolution and people interface skills
- Extensive experience with direct customer contact
- The ability to motivate, cajole and organize others
Bonus Points For
- Mechatronics background
- PMP or working towards PMP designation
- Experience in driving organisational change
- 1-2 years of engineering design experience from previous work placements
- The ability to write macros or scripts with Office programs, JIRA or data processing.
Clearpath is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863