Sales Account Manager
Looking for a satisfying career? Help frail, low-income seniors to live well by joining Center for Elders’ Independence (CEI) as a Sales Account Manager. CEI provides a comprehensive healthcare program called Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (or PACE) so that seniors with complex healthcare needs can stay healthy and strong and continue to live independently at home in their communities.
Founded in 1992, Center for Elders’ Independence has earned the reputation as one of the best safety nets and community resources for seniors and healthcare in the East Bay.
Here’s what our employees say about working at CEI:
“I love the work and the people. It’s a joy and an honor to work with the elderly and offer them quality care.”
“I like my job. I like to work with elderly people when they can live independently and make their own decisions. It’s very different from a nursing home.”
“CEI is my family, even more than my real family. I like the training. It’s good how they make sure you know what you need to know and have what you need to do your job.”
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work in the community and marketplace to generate and cultivate new and existing referral sources and new, qualified sales leads.
- Follow up with all prospective enrollees, conduct home visit assessments of prospective participants, prepare comprehensive case presentations, generate new enrollment applications
- Collaborate with sales colleagues (e.g., joint work, prospecting, coaching, community event coverage, business development) to garner enrollment applications
- Collaborate with the Enrollment Team to address key stakeholder needs and barriers and identify new opportunities beyond historical market segments (e.g., senior housing) that leverage CEI’s sales efforts and strategic direction
- Set priorities among key accounts and zip codes
- Build and maintain positive relationships and strong communication with colleagues and a range of other functions within the organization.
- Work with Intake, program specialists and CEI health center staff to share information, facilitate the enrollment process and develop new enrollment sources and prospects.
- Seek frequent opportunities to present CEI’s PACE to senior housing communities, community groups, government agencies, activists, and centers of influence throughout our service area.
- Attend community networking events to generate new referral sources and sales leads
- Use CEI’s customer relationship management system (CRM) to track day-to-day activity and manage assigned accounts and prospective enrollee data
- Provide current daily / weekly / monthly reports as requested to track both individual productivity and potential leads and accounts
- Develop written materials as necessary, consistent with CEI compliance standards
- Use independent judgment in decision-making for CEI
- Follow federal CMS and California Department of Health Care Services regulations and policies regarding sales and marketing practices for senior services and Medi-Cal managed care products and PACE
- Achieve sales targets by generating new, qualified enrollment applications through consistent sales activity
- Work at least 70% of the time doing outside sales and lead-generation activity in the community
- BS / BA degree in healthcare or business administration or a related field of study
- A minimum of five years’ sales experience and direct outreach in the healthcare industry
- At least two years’ of business-to-consumer marketing experience
- Demonstrated experience in new account identification and prospecting.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency with computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce.
- Strong entrepreneurial drive and a motivation to innovate
- Experience working with senior and underserved populations
- Self-motivated and self-directed with a strong work ethic
- Bilingual: English/Spanish; English / Cantonese or Mandarin Chinese; English / Vietnamese
Center for Elders’ Independence is a PACE (Program of All- Inclusive Care for the Elderly) organization that uses an interdisciplinary team approach to care planning and care implementation for the purpose of providing high quality, affordable, integrated health care services to the elderly, including an Adult Day Health Center, and promoting autonomy, quality of life and the ability of individuals to live in their communities. Unlike other healthcare plans, CEI is not a "fee-for-service" plan. It is a a “capitation” healthcare plan. CEI is paid a set amount for each person enrolled in our program, whether or not that individual seeks care. We are a growing company that offers stability and continues to thrive.