Yen Press Accountant
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct the monthly, quarterly and annual accounting close process; prepare monthly financials and reporting packages.
- Mange overall daily operations of the accounting department (A/R, A/P, Cash, PO process, T&E, payroll, cost accounting, accrual, settlements, inventory reconciliations, journal entries, bank reconciliations, Financials)
- Prepare and records G/L entries by compiling and analyzing account information and maintain accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Oversee sales tax processes with quarterly tax returns and year-end tax filings; file various compliance requirements
- Ensure transactions are accurately and timely prepared and recorded in accordance with GAAP.
- Communicate and collaborate with internal departments and vendors on accounting matters.
- Provide quarterly consolidation package to HQ
- Support and provides resolution to all internal and external audit processes and resulting issues that might be identified.
- Assist in testing and implementing new Microsoft Dynamic GP system.
- Analyze and assist in implementing accounting process, policies and producers.
- Lead and participate in special projects as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- BA degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business preferred and/or CPA preferred.
- 3 years of accounting experience preferred.
- Knowledge of finance, cost accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles (GAAP, IFRS)
- Publishing and/or media experience desired.
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamic GP or major ERP system preferred
- Excellent analytical and organization skills, strong attention to details
- Advanced computer skills in MS Excel
About Yen Press, LLC
Yen Press, LLC is a joint venture between Kadokawa Corporation and Hachette Book Group, dedicated to publishing manga and graphic novels for adults and young readers. Founded in 2006, Yen Press has quickly risen to become one of the largest and most prolific publishers of manga and original graphic novels in the North American marketplace and has become a driving force in the introduction of light novels to new readers through its Yen On imprint. For more information, visit www.yenpress.com.