Dave Ramsey’s team is looking for a professional, experienced writer with a great attitude and ridiculously high work ethic. Is that you?
We need a writer with at least two years experience in the field, who can provide professionally published (print or online) writing samples. We love personal websites as much as anyone, but if your family blog is the only writing/publishing experience you have, this isn’t the position for you!
This person will join the writing team for our Endorsed Local Provider and SmartVestor programs and create written content on topics such as taxes, investing, insurance and real estate. Applicants must be able to cover these subjects in an engaging, informative way, while faithfully representing Dave Ramsey’s teaching principles.
This writer will work in a variety of formats including longer-form information pieces, such white papers and content-focused email series. Experience with this style of writing (in addition to traditional web articles) would definitely get our attention.
Basic web knowledge, a rudimentary understanding of internet marketing and familiarity with SEO best practices are preferred; more importantly, experience writing in the financial field is a must!
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Contribute articles to several different monthly newsletters covering investing, real estate and related topics.
- Interview successful men and women for regular testimonial success story features.
- Develop original content for daveramsey.com feature articles.
- Collaborate with other teams to conceptualize and create content for email journeys, landing pages and other campaign-related materials.
- Minimum two years experience in professional writing/publishing, either in print or online.
- Ability to produce professionally published writing samples.
- Advanced understanding of Associated Press (AP) writing style guidelines.
- Familiarity with financial concepts.
- Familiarity with Dave Ramsey’s teaching principles.