High School Summer Conservatory Program Manager (Seasonal)
The American Musical and Dramatic Academy(AMDA), with campuses in New York City and Hollywood, is one of the foremost post-secondary performing arts colleges in the country. AMDA offers Bachelor of Fine Arts degree programs in Acting, Musical Theatre, Dance Theatre and Performing Arts, as well as two-year conservatory programs.
The High School Summer Conservatory at AMDA offers a variety of programs to dedicated and determined high school students who are serious about a career in the performing arts.
AMDA is currently seeking outstanding educators and/or administrators to serve as enthusiastic leaders within our exciting summer program environment. Program Managers are our logistic masters who supervise teams of Lead Counselors and Counselors, working to ensure that program staff is prepared to create and maintain a safe environment for all students in a 24/7 residential education context. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to spend the summer living on campus in the heart of New York City, working with passionate young artists from all over the world, and supporting their learning experiences both inside and outside the classroom. The ideal candidates are inspiring and highly effective leaders who are caring and fully conscious of adolescent development/needs. Strong candidates are both knowledgeable and experienced in maintaining a set of risk management policies, managing complex scheduling, and organizing experiential learning opportunities.
- Create a safe, welcoming, and engaging environment for high school age students.
- Fulfill a leadership role among students and counselors.
- Support student movement from class/dorms/meals.
- Student travel schedule management and transit operations.
- Orientation day management, including move-in/move-out, Town Hall facilitation, etc.
- Manage the planning of field-trips (operations and risk management support).
- Manage social activities and meal times.
- Maintain records of students, parents and schedules.
- Communicate with parents about daily events and their children.
- Work collaboratively with counselors and communicate with administrators.
- Continually keep students active and engaged in fun and challenging activities while maintaining a safe environment.
- Follow and execute activities according to pre-designed daily lesson plans.
- Act as a role model to all children attending the programs.
- Interact with children, parents/guardians and co-workers in a professional manner at all times.
- Understand and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures for High School Summer Conservatory programs.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Experience working in a boarding education environment required.
- Experience working with high school aged students required.
- Leadership skills with summer program experience required.
- Experience with conflict resolution.
- Experience leading group activities.
- Experience with creating and maintaining schedules required.
- CPR and First Aid Certification a plus.
- Must be 18 years of age and must have completed college degree.
- Available to live on campus, in the dorms to provide staff and student supervision.
- AMDA is fully committed to diversity, inclusivity, and equity throughout the teaching and learning process. We encourage applications from individuals who have extensive experience working with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Successful candidates will have a sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of our students, including disabilities that may affect students' development and learning styles.
- Members of traditionally underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
AMDA is proud to be an EOE employer M/F/D/V