AMDA College and Conservatory of the Performing Arts, with campuses in New York City and Hollywood, is one of the foremost post-secondary performing arts colleges in the country. AMDA offers Bachelor of Fine Arts degree programs in Acting, Musical Theatre, Dance Theatre and Performing Arts, as well as two year conservatory programs.
The Gaffer/Grip (Part-Time) is responsible for supporting the Cinematographer on AMDA Film projects throughout each semester. Projects are student written, and act as a culminating class project that is captured by a professional crew. Gaffer/Grip duties include planning the technical execution of scene lighting, safely and efficiently, within the bounds of available resources. The position will collaborate with the Cinematographer/Shooter and Director/Editor, as well as lead student crew, for each assigned project.
- Plan technical setup of lighting, working with Cinematographer and Director
- Setup and breakdown equipment (lighting, set, or camera as requested)
- Assure safety of students and crew on set
- Be accountable for equipment inventory and organization during load in, load out, and while on set
- Provide guidance and direction to student crew
- Work within available location and equipment resources
- BA or BFA in a related field preferred
- 1 – 2 years of previous experience in a similar position
- Experience in the Film Production industry
- Flexible attitude; friendly customer service skills and professional demeanor
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Must be reliable to shooting assignments once confirmed (typically weekends)
- Must be able to lift up to 75lbs and climb stairs and ladders
COVID19 Vaccine Policy:
AMDA has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy commencing at the beginning of the fall semester (10/18/21) for all employees who will be working on campus.
For information regarding requests for religious or medical accommodations, please contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected]
AMDA is proud to be an EOE employer M/F/D/V