WHITE MOUNTAIN APACHE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES, INC.
POSITION: ADULT CLINICIAN
CLASSIFICATION CODE: EXEMPT FULL TIME
DEPARTMENT: ADULT SERVICES
REPORTS TO: ADULT SERVICES CLINICAL SUPERVISOR
STATEMENT OF JOB: This Position provides therapeutic services to clients enrolled or eligible to be enrolled with Apache Behavioral Health Services. The Adult Clinician provides general mental health counseling and substance abuse services to clients with various needs, including SMI, suicidal ideation, trauma, and domestic violence. The Adult Clinician also assists with referral services to the appropriate entities and acts in collaboration with other Child and Family Team and Adult Recovery Team members, including other clinicians, case managers, families, and other stakeholders. This position will also act as an advocate for the client with other service providers when appropriate to do so.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages a caseload of enrolled clients who would benefit from counseling services.
- Documents contact with clients in order to assess needs, maintain required paperwork and engage family members. Complete comprehensive assessments and assessment updates in accordance with Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) and ABHS Standards. Complete and update client treatment plans.
- Abide by all applicable policies, procedures, and program standards of ABHS, White Mountain Apache Tribe, Indian Health Services, Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) and other pertinent regulatory authorities.
- Complete timely assessment and facilitation in accordance with the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) guidelines for mental health. Ability to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility and competence in adjusting to clientele with varying degrees of traumatic experiences and complex psychological presentations.
- Ability to accurately perform assessments and diagnoses with people presenting with high comorbidity of substance abuse and trauma-related manifestations under clinical supervision.
- Ability to address a variety of diverse spiritual, emotional, and social needs in multiple environments of an often high-risk population, using a trauma-informed care approach while maintaining a high degree of professionalism and cultural awareness.
- Engages clients and their families in counseling and assessment services. Facilitates family, individual, and group counseling, skill training, and education programs.
- Possess the ability to work with a wide range of clients including adults and families.
- Collaborates with court/probation, tribal/community agencies, families and other natural support systems to ensure client’s needs are met. Develops a strong working relationship with community partners.
- Provides services at the clinic, in the community, adult shelters, and in client’s homes to ensure client obtains all benefits and services necessary to be successful in completing all treatment plan initiatives.
- Participates in interdepartmental clinical team meetings to assist and encourage consistent and timely provision of services. Participates in weekly clinical staffing with other members of the clinical team to review client progress and service requirements.
- Ability to facilitate referral process to assure continuity of care across programs at ABHS.
- Ability to provide client walk-in services in the office as related to the enrollment and assessment of clients.
- Ability to complete timely and thorough assessments and treatment plans based on clients’ presenting needs within 72 hours of initial client contact.
- Assist in the implementation of in-service training for ABHS staff.
- Ability to maintain client records in accordance with HIPAA, AHCCCS, ABHS, Federal, State, Tribal, and local requirements.
- Maintain ethical policies and guidelines as outlined in accepted State ethics laws, rules, policies and principles and as outlined in discipline-specific code of ethics.
- Provide a positive role model to clients and staff through leadership, self-discipline, and genuine care for the treatment and recovery of clients. All clients and staff members must be treated with dignity and respect.
- Ability to provide twenty-four hour on-call rotation including irregular hours, weekend and holiday duty during on-call shift, as needed and assigned by clinical supervisor.
- Participation in all required ABHS training.
- Reports/attends work in timely manner. Must be reliable and communicate directly with supervisor in all matters of attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or clinical director.
- Possession of a master’s degree in a counseling/marriage and family therapy/social work or any mental health field from a regionally accredited graduate program. Must have and maintain valid license to practice as a professional mental health provider or be license-eligible in any state in the United States and apply for and obtain an Arizona license within one year of service.
- At least one year work related experience in mental health field engaged in case management, mental health, developmental disabilities, aftercare, substance abuse or related areas; experience working with Native Americans preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to speak the Apache language preferred.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, problem-solving and organizational and time management skills with ability to work independently, with flexibility within prescribed deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively with a wide range of people, teams, managers, supervisors.
- MS Office proficiency, including the ability to correctly operate a copier and fax machine.
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
- Ability to pass all pre-employment testing, including, but not limited to, fingerprint clearance and background check.
**NOTE: Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U.S. Code, Section 472 and 473).
The physical characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Constant: standing. Frequent: repetitive use of hand, walking, standing, bending neck and waist, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting neck and waist, simple grasping of left and right hand, power grasping right and left hand, fine manipulation right and left hand, pushing and pulling right and left hand, reaching above shoulder level, reaching below shoulder level, lifting objects weighing up to 25 pounds from below the waist to a height of 3 feet.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The employment is considered “at will” and agree that employment can be terminated with or without cause and with or without notice at any time at the option of either the employee or the company.