Clinical Receptionist - Part-Time
WHITE MOUNTAIN APACHE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES, INC.
POSITION: CLINICAL RECEPTIONIST/CLINICAL ASSISTANT
CLASSIFICATION CODE: NON-EXEMPT FULL TIME
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: INTAKE/ASSESSMENT PROGRAM MANAGER
STATEMENT OF JOB: This position is under the direct supervision of the Apache Behavioral Health Services (ABHS) Intake/Assessment Program Manager. This position is responsible for proactively providing a broad array of secretarial, clerical, and administrative support as assigned by supervisor and/or other management staff. This clinical receptionist position is responsible for supporting clinical staff as needed, coordination of clinical services being rendered, and all other functions in order to facilitate and promote a professional, respectful, and high-quality rendering of client care.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reports/attends work in a timely manner. Must be reliable and communicate directly with supervisor per Policy and Procedures in all matters of attendance.
- Responsible for checking in clients into the clinical building, printing name tags for appropriate visitors.
- Responsible for sending out and tracking 10-day letters to clients and follow up with all referrals received.
- Responsible for coordinating transportation with the Client Business Office.
- Will be expected to report to work during regular agency hours.
- Responsible to notify staff that clients are present for their appointments.
- Responsible for running, verifying, and printing Medifax reports on all visitors/clients for intake process as needed.
- Responsible for searching clients in myEvolv to check if they are enrolled and determine their status.
- Will be the main point of contact for Protocol answering service and will be required to follow up on all Protocol messages.
- Responsible for greeting clients and visitors in a welcoming professional way, assuring sign-in process is completed efficiently and effectively.
- Responsible for answering agency phone lines and effectively transferring calls to the appropriate staff and/or department as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining a log of all incoming calls and walk ins requesting services.
- As the first contact in crisis situations, must be responsible to handle crisis situations in a timely and calm manner, contacting first responders and appropriate clinical staff as appropriate.
- Responsible for distributing agency communications to appropriate ABHS staff including but not limited to: calendars, on call schedules, and closure dates.
- May be required to assist in completing an intake at any time.
- Responsible for completion of data entry and proper documentation in myEvolv after every client contact.
- Performs clerical duties/projects as requested by immediate supervisor or other member of the clinical management team.
- Attends all staff meetings, trainings, or other ABHS functions as directed/required.
- Provides responsive, high quality service to ABHS employees, representatives of outside agencies and members of the public by providing accurate, complete, and up-to-date information in a courteous, efficient, and timely manner.
- Must maintain a strict code of ethics regarding client/staff confidentiality, adhering to all HIPPA regulations.
- Must have a working knowledge of clinical terminology or must complete clinical trainings as assigned by clinical supervisor of intake/assessment department or other clinical directors as appropriate.
- Must abide by all applicable policies, procedures, and program standards of ABHS, White Mountain Apache Tribe, Indian Health Services, Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) and other pertinent regulatory authorities.
- As a member of the clinical department, will be responsible for attending clinical supervisions as applicable and as mandated by ABHS and licensing boards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires GED or high school diploma plus two years of business office experience; behavioral health or managed care work experience preferred.
- Ability to operate the telephonic system in an accurate and effective way.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to speak the Apache language preferred.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, problem-solving, attention to detail and organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrate interpersonal and customer service skills with an ability to work effectively and harmoniously with a wide range of people, teams, managers, and supervisors.
- Technology/computer proficiency is required; must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Teams, GoToMeeting, ability to utilize a printer, scanner, fax machine/software, and other technology as needed to perform the functions of the job.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Ability to pass all pre-employment testing, including but not limited to: fingerprint clearance, background checks, and responsible use of social media.
- At least three years’ experience working with a Native American population.
- At least a year of experience working in a behavioral health clinic or setting.
**NOTE: Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U.S. Code, Section 472 and 473).
The physical characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Constant: standing. Frequent: repetitive use of hand, walking, standing, bending neck and waist, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting neck and waist, simple grasping of left and right hand, power grasping right and left hand, fine manipulation right and left hand, pushing and pulling right and left hand, reaching above shoulder level, reaching below shoulder level, lifting objects weighing up to 25 pounds from below the waist to a height of 3 feet.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The employment is considered “at will” and agree that my employment can be terminated with or without cause and with or without notice at any time at the option of either me or the company.