Mobile Assessment Clinician
WHITE MOUNTAIN APACHE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES, INC.
POSITION: MOBILE ASSESSMENT CLINICIAN
CLASSIFICATION CODE: EXEMPT FULL TIME
REPORTS TO: ASSESSMENT CRISIS CLINICAL SUPERVISOR
STATEMENT OF JOB: The Mobile Assessment Clinician works closely with the on-call staff, Life is Precious Suicide Prevention Team, and Intake staff to ensure clients are enrolled and/or assessed by Apache Behavioral Health Services (ABHS) within 72 hours of initial client contact. This is a rotating shift position that may include completion of on-call crisis assessments at the Detention Center and Hospital. The Mobile Assessment Clinician provides back-up support to the office-based intake staff and offers flexibility in supporting the clinical staff and community when an unscheduled assessment is needed. The Mobile Assessment Clinician works closely with supervisors to appropriately triage clients to the correct ABHS department based on clinical needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to accurately perform assessments and diagnoses with people presenting with high comorbidity of substance abuse and trauma-related manifestations under clinical supervision. Ability to complete crisis assessments as-needed and respond within one hour of initial call.
- Provides assessment, diagnostic and treatment plan services at the clinic, in the community, adult shelters, and in client’s homes to ensure client obtains all benefits and services necessary to be successful in completing all treatment plan initiatives.
- Documents contact with clients in order to assess needs, maintain required paperwork and engage family members. Complete comprehensive assessments and assessment updates in accordance with Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) and ABHS Standards. Complete and update client treatment plans.
- Ability to accurately perform assessments and diagnoses with people presenting with high comorbidity of substance abuse and trauma-related manifestations under clinical supervision.
- Ability to provide client walk-in services as related to the service needs of clients.
- Ability to facilitate referral process to assure continuity of care across programs at ABHS, including the ability to coordinate with ABHS department supervisors as soon as possible to appropriately triage clients.
- Verify and print Medifax confirmation information for intake process as needed.
- Complete data entry in electronic health record all intake information for new clients.
- Ability to provide twenty-four hour on-call rotation including irregular hours, weekend and holiday duty during on-call shift, as needed and assigned by clinical supervisor.
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility and competence in adjusting to clientele with varying degrees of traumatic experiences and complex psychological presentations.
- Ability to address a variety of diverse spiritual, emotional, and social needs in multiple environments of an often high-risk population, using a trauma-informed care approach while maintaining a high degree of professionalism and cultural awareness.
- Participates in interdepartmental clinical team meetings to assist and encourage consistent and timely provision of services. Participates in weekly clinical staffing with other members of the clinical team to review client progress and service requirements.
- Participation in all required ABHS training.
- Abide by all applicable policies, procedures, and program standards of ABHS, White Mountain Apache Tribe, Indian Health Services, Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) and other pertinent regulatory authorities.
- Maintain ethical policies and guidelines as outlined in accepted State ethics laws, rules, policies and principles and as outlined in discipline-specific code of ethics.
- Provide a positive role model to clients and staff through leadership, self-discipline, and genuine care for the treatment and recovery of clients. All clients and staff members must be treated with dignity and respect.
- Participation in all required ABHS training.
- Reports/attends work in timely manner. Must be reliable and communicate directly with supervisor in all matters of attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or clinical director.
- Possession of a master’s degree in a counseling/marriage and family therapy/social work or any mental health field from a regionally accredited graduate program. Must have and maintain valid license to practice as a professional mental health provider or be license-eligible in any state in the United States and apply for and obtain an Arizona license within one year of service.
- At least one year work related experience in mental health field engaged in case management, mental health, developmental disabilities, aftercare, substance abuse or related areas; experience working with Native Americans preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to speak the Apache language preferred.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, problem-solving and organizational and time management skills with ability to work independently, with flexibility within prescribed deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively with a wide range of people, teams, managers, supervisors.
- MS Office proficiency and the ability to correctly operate a copier and fax machine.
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
- Ability to pass all pre-employment testing, including, but not limited to, fingerprint clearance and background check.
**NOTE: Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U.S. Code, Section 472 and 473).
The physical characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Constant: standing. Frequent: repetitive use of hand, walking, standing, bending neck and waist, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting neck and waist, simple grasping of left and right hand, power grasping right and left hand, fine manipulation right and left hand, pushing and pulling right and left hand, reaching above shoulder level, reaching below shoulder level, lifting objects weighing up to 25 pounds from below the waist to a height of 3 feet.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The employment is considered “at will” and agree that employment can be terminated with or without cause and with or without notice at any time at the option of either the employee or the company.