Perinatal Registered Sonographer - Prenatal Diagnostic Center - Per diem 8hr - Days Variable Shifts
Summary of Duties: The Prenatal Registered Sonographer performs ultrasound to assist physician in guidance of amniocentesis and chorionic villus sampling procedures. Responsible for performing ultrasound to demonstrate anatomy in fetuses of pregnant women. In addition to performing essential functions listed, may also be assigned other duties as required.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Graduate of accredited Sonography training program.
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) credential, specializing in OB/GYN, awarded by American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) required.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from American Heart Association (AHA) required.
- Nuchal Translucency Certification through the Fetal Medicine Foundation (FMF) or Nuchal Translucency Quality Review (NQTR) programs preferred.
- At least five (5) years experience in high risk obstetric ultrasound service required.
- Good telephone communication skills.
- Able to type a minimum of 30 WPM preferred.
- Emotional stamina to work in a complex hospital environment.
- Demonstrated oral and writing skills in English, and comprehend medical terminology.
Washington Hospital Health System does not utilize any form of electronic chatting, such as Google chat for the purposes of interviewing candidates for employment. If you are contacted by any entity or individual attempting to engage you in this format, do not disclose any personal information and contact Washington Hospital Healthcare System.