Continuing Care Assistant (CCA) (CAS)
Employment Status: Casual
Program Name: Home Support
Union/Bargaining Unit: NSGEU
On Call: No
Area of work: East Hants County
Join the VON team and make a difference in the lives of our clients in your community by delivering exceptional care. VON CCA’s collaborate with community health teams to provide
Come work with us - it’s a job that matters!
As a Continuing Care Assistant, you will work in the community to provide services including personal care, light housekeeping, meal preparation, and respite to clients in their own homes.
- Continuing Care Assistant Certification or currently enrolled in a Practical Nursing or Baccalaureate Nursing program and have successfully completed courses covering Body Mechanics: Positioning/Transfers and Personal Care & Special treatments
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Current CPR/First Aid required
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and organization skills
- Strong assessment skills
- Ability to work independently and problem solve
- Ability to adapt to change and work in various social and economic environments
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced Environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Fine hand movements
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and
Attention Current Employees (Internal Applicants): If you are applying to a unionized position and you are a member of its bargaining unit, please be aware that this posting may remain open beyond the deadline if there are not enough applicants to fill the position(s). If you apply after the deadline date, your seniority will not entitle you to priority over any applicants who applied before the deadline date. If the posting remains open after the initial deadline, VON may close the posting at its’ discretion or a rolling deadline equivalent to the posting period specified in your Collective Agreement will be deemed, and each successive period will be treated as a separate posting for purposes of comparing seniority between candidates.