Staffing Coordinator (RFT 1.0)
Employment Status: Regular, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: Home and Community Services
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days
On Call: No
The Staffing Coordinator is responsible for the day to day schedule for both the CSA and Service provider staff. The Staffing Coordinator works in accordance with the collective agreements to meet each Site’s staffing requirements. The staffing coordinator is responsible for successfully balancing the need for staffing with offering time off and for working closely with the Workforce Management Analyst (WFMA), CSA Operations and Management team to monitor overtime, down-time, banked time, and sick time.
- Maintaining updated and accurate schedules and saving on the designated online drive.
- Processing all time off requests and shift trades in accordance with the Collective Agreements.
- Maintain a working knowledge of multiple collective agreements.
- Schedules replacements for all sick calls within the Site.
- Supports the on-boarding of new staff through educating on scheduling process, request for time off process, sick process, and collective agreement questions.
- Collaborates with the Workforce Management Analyst to review data trends and staffing levels.
- Schedules staff to clinics, committee meetings, training, and education.
- Schedules nursing students to travel with their preceptors/mentors.
- Attends next day meetings with Site management and CSA Team Lead to ensure staffing needs are being addressed.
- Attends Site weekly and monthly workforce management production meetings.
- Promotes the Staffing Coordinator process to all stakeholders across the Site and provides awareness of the Staffing Coordinator Role.
- Participates in process improvement through lean thinking and team kata.
- Conducts ad hoc and regular data analysis to identify opportunities to improve effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Attends local labour management meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Promotes the goals and values of VON and their role as an integrated community care provider.
- Promotes a safe and healthy workplace ensuring workplace conduct and activities are in accordance with the provincial Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
- Abides by all VON policies and work practices.
- Abides by all confidentiality and protection of personal information policies, regulations and practices and ensures appropriate safeguards are in place within their role.
- Works in collaboration with other staff in a team approach to service delivery.
External and Internal Relationships:
- Collaborates effectively with the Workforce Analyst, site leadership team, Nurse Manger team ensure adequate coverage for all clients and operational needs.
- Provides guidance to RED/Senior Manager and Nurse Managers in all areas relating to Staffing Coordination.
- Facilitates discussions with relevant internal and external stakeholders to determine requirements of programs and projects.
Education, Designations and Experience:
- Post-Secondary education in a related field.
- Three (3) years previous experience in workforce oversight including a minimum of 1year of experience creating and maintaining rotations and/or schedules.
- Demonstrated experience in the health care system.
- Experience with a unionized environment.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Capable with Business Intelligence applications.
- Knowledgeable about the Staffing Coordinator frame work and related tools such as Procura, Cognos, and Excel Macros.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required.
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: fast-paced environment; attention to detail; lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; walk, sit, stand, and climb stairs; grip and fine hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.