Business System Analyst SAP (RFT 1.0)
Employment Status: Regular, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: IT
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days
On Call: No
The Business Systems Analyst-SAP is responsible for evaluating, designing and implementing SAP software programs to support functions such as Finance, Human Resources, Inventory and Purchasing in a single ERP program. The analyst also supports implementation, maintenance and integration of SAP with other system platforms to ensure successful adoption by front-line service providers.
- Leads system life cycle processes for the implementation of a SAP/ERP application including but not limited to: the gathering of requirements, systems configuration and testing/validation of functions.
- Develops detailed application documentation including test cases, business process documentation and work breakdown structures.
- Analyzes current needs, anticipates future needs and provides solutions to stakeholders and process owners.
- Conducts problem solving and troubleshooting of the SAP Applications and its components for interoperability, configurations and user interfaces.
- Acts as a liaison among key-users, process owners, IS/IT resources, and technical solution providers in order to configure and deliver a system, which meets operational needs.
- Considers user/client needs, technical solution providers, and budget to design and deliver solutions throughout the life of a solution which meet users needs
- Participates with other team members to identity and implement business process changes / improvements as well as to identify and implement the change management steps needed within the project.
- Works closely with and provide support to the application trainer throughout implementation of the project or change requests.
- Develops functional specifications and prepare training materials.
- Translates business solutions into systems programs.
- Troubleshoots and analyzes issues that staff are having during the adoption of the SAP/ERP application, processes, systems or technology in order to identify corrective action.
- Reviews help desk tickets and resolve issues related to SAP ecosystem.
- Make changes and implements system configurations.
- Supports users for organizational changes.
- Conducts on-going reviews of functional specifications and processes, providing recommendations for process/technology improvements in line with current and growing business needs.
- Participates in gathering client requirements as required and facilitates meetings and delivers effective presentations as required
- Designs system process and maintain up-to-date documents on current and future developments.
- Produces/reviews functional specifications and processes for enhancements
- Conducts Unit testing and integration testing initiatives with IT/ IS and user community.
- Supports UAT testing and promotion to Production environment.
- Creates and maintains application reports as required by users.
- Develops and maintains detailed application documentation.
- Assists in development of user training documentation as required.
External and Internal Relationships
- Works independently and collaboratively with IT/IS team, cross-functional team members in order to identify business requirements, suitability of application solutions, and change management processes needed to achieve goals.
- Works with users/clients, vendors, outsourced support, and colleagues to identify opportunities for application of existing technological solutions to current issues.
Education, Designations and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of SAP experience including functional expertise of SAP FI and/or HR modules and functions.
- Experience in SAP-Basis (considered an asset).
- Previous experience and knowledge of SAP project life cycles.
- Knowledgeable in the interdependencies and integration points between SAP modules (FI-HR interface).
- Previous experience in developing project plans and individual work plans to complete configuration and business process.
- Knowledge of software testing procedures.
- Previous experience in developing / implementing test strategies (Module-, Integration- UserAcceptance) and in developing training materials, documentations, etc.
- Knowledge of ECC 6, SAP FI or HR, Microsoft Office Suite. Excel is must.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- An adept facilitator and competent in relationship building
- Demonstrated ability to write clear requirement statements, test plans, application usage guides and business process documentation
- Solid analytical problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- Advanced skills with MS Office productivity suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and proficient in MS Project.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to balance multiple priorities and to manage time effectively
- Must be able to provide end users with options and advise on implementing major/minor/critical enhancements
- Must be able to develop clear and concise documentation that users and other functional consultants/partners/users will be able to utilize
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, time management, decision-making, and influencing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and application support skills
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required.
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required.
- Ability to speak French is an asset.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.