Case Coordinator (RFT 1.0)
Employment Status: Regular Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: SMILE Program
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days
On Call: No
The Case Coordinator provides clients with comprehensive assessments ensuring a high-quality client experience. The Case Coordinator is responsible for developing, in consultation with the client and caregiver, a comprehensive care plan to meet the client’s goals. The Case Coordinator supports the client and caregiver to manage their care budgets and required resources. Ensures navigation to appropriate resources and supports the philosophy of client self-management. Works within the framework of VON policies, procedures, standards and quality & risk management.
- Maintains competency including the ability to interpret current applicable standardized assessment tools such as the interRAI CHA.
- Completes client assessments in the home using conversation based methodology.
- Develops and conducts a comprehensive therapeutic rapport.
- Utilizes technology in the home to complete comprehensive assessments.
- Identifies and prioritizes environmental risk for client’s health and safety (shelter, food and running water, temperature control and overall condition of living environment).
- Develops a comprehensive care plan (interpreting the CAPs and care planning).
- Facilitates access to client identified services to support the care plan and goals.
- Makes referrals to community and health resources as required
- With client consent, consults with partners in care service plans to ensure shared understanding of client needs and appropriate interventions/services to meet those needs.
- Monitors client progress and adjusts care plans as required
- Reviews client care plan expenditures and supports clients to manage within the budgets
- Accesses and reviews assessment via the IAR (integrated assessment record).
- Collects and reports relevant data to Manager when necessary.
- Adheres to the prescribed privacy policies and standards for Community Support Service agencies including VON.
- Positively and professionally represents all CSS agencies and service providers.
External and Internal Relationships:
- Engages frequently with Administrative Support, Community Support and Home Care program Coordinators and Manager.
- Networks and collaborates with all regional partners, providers and agencies.
Education, Designations and Experience:
- University Degree or College Diploma in Heath or Social Services field.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience in a home and community care organization or social services program including experience in case management
- Broad working knowledge of community resources, including service and programs within defined catchment area.
- Proven experience in building external and community relationships.
- Demonstrated experience in completing validated common assessment tools and maintaining competency.
- Knowledge and skills in comprehensive assessment and the ability to maintain proficiency.
- Computer proficiency in Windows OS and Microsoft office programs.
- Working with volunteers and seniors an asset.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Skilled in communication (verbal, written, listening), rapport building and relationship management.
- Strong computer proficiency.
- The ability to use analytical skills and understand/interpret client assessment data.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, while prioritizing, meeting deadlines and working well under pressure.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, team building, communication and education.
- Time management and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to accept and facilitate change.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Available for weekend assessment coverage.
- Must have access to a personal vehicle for business use and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or a Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: fast-paced environment; attention to detail; lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; walk, sit, stand, and climb stairs; grip and fine hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.