Employee Payroll Representative (RFT 1.0)
Employment Status: Regular, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Union/Bargaining Unit: NSGEU
On Call: No
The Employee Payroll Representative is responsible for the overall employee life cycle transactional payroll activities supporting all VON non-union and unionized employees. The Representative also assists the Manager Payroll Employee Service in business testing for configuration changes related to the employee profile.
- Ensures the data integrity of VON employees, from date of hire to departure. This includes all activity against their personal profile file in the HRIS system of record, maintaining the data HR and Payroll information including the Applicant tracking application (Jobvite).
- Prioritizes work based on payroll blackout periods.
- Supports the talent acquisition team in the hiring process, identifying gaps in constituent application of pay scales and data updates in Applicant tracking application (Jobvite).
- Issues letters to employees regarding changes in employment status, applies the collective agreement provisions regarding the change, and confirmation of employment to external parties for employment history and verification purposes when requested.
- Works with Pension and Benefit team ensuring the pension and benefit actions are accurate and does not negatively affect the employee's pay record.
- Responds to employee inquiries, investigates concerns and ensures appropriate outcomes. Prepares reports including hours worked, employees on leave, payroll reconciliation and seniority hours.
- Maintains spreadsheets to track leaves of absences to adjust in lieu of accruals upon returning to work, completes prorated calculations and adjust the system accordingly and advises the employee explaining the policy and process.
- Monitors the quote pay out email box, codes the emails correctly and distributes to Payroll Verification/Coordinators for payout.
- Completes audits on team actions to ensure accuracy and/or areas for review.
- Assists in business testing for configuration changes related to the employee profile regarding vacation entitlements, % in lieu of benefits, and or seniority hours and/or sick bank quotas and stat quotas.
- Monitors the late time sheet reports to report to the management teams for performance actions.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of all federal, provincial and labour standards and collective agreement changes to ensure that the system of records is reflective of regulation standards.
- Advises the management teams of required changes that will affect HR data.
- Supports the Employee Payroll Specialist in logging the payroll inquiries and distributing to Coordinators.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
External and Internal Relationships:
- Works with various payroll areas, CSA’s (Customer Services Associate) pension and benefits, Total Compensation, Managers and Directors across the organization to gain all relevant employee information to ensure the employee payroll record and employee profile is accurate.
- Liaises with the employees, Employee Services Managers and Managers/Senior Managers to resolve issues and ensure timely correction and accurate payment to employees.
Education, Designations and Experience:
- Degree or diploma in a relevant field.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience with HRIS and payroll systems. (e.g. SAP & Procura).
- Experience working in a highly unionized environment.
- Able to work both independently and within a team setting.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize multiple tasks while meeting competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated customer service skills in conflict resolution, problem solving and critical thinking.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High proficiency in Windows OS and Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Advanced data entry and keyboarding abilities.
- Strong commitment to confidentiality and discretion.
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or a Child Abuse Registry Check may be required.
- Available to work flexible hours.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.