Employee Payroll Coordinator (RPT 0.6)
Employment Status: Permanent, Part Time (0.6 FTE)
Program Name: ESS Department
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 45
Work Schedule: Days
On Call: No
The Employee Payroll Verification Coordinator is responsible for verifying client visits and schedules in Home Health Application (Procura) and ensuring that employees have a full day or less than a full day visits and captures absences with supporting documentation. The Coordinator runs payroll simulation and audits payroll file for accuracy, avoiding any over/under payments. The Coordinator also assists Manager Payroll Employee Services in business testing for configuration changes related to the employee profile.
- Ensures all Celltrak alerts are cleared and schedules are completed prior to opening a timekeeping period to ensure schedules are reflective of employees work schedule per day.
- Verifies the working schedule against employees actual worked day from various reports for other systems to gain a visual for the employee’s working day i.e. ROS or TER (Exception Time Sheet).
- Ensures the bill rate, pay rate/bill serve and pay serves are accurate and the FTE of the employee for hours of worked authorized for if applicable guarantee hours.
- Enters exceptions into Procura via the scheduling system.
- Resolves any discrepancies by working with CSA Team Leads regarding investigation of discrepancies, errors or absences not reported.
- Ensures necessary corrections are made in a timely manner.
- Sends daily notifications of late ROS/timesheets to employee and management teams.
- Responsible for all payroll inquiries related to their respective site accountability, ensuring employee issue is resolved within 48 hours.
- Ensures all payout requests are completed within a payroll period and all quotas require reconciliation if requests are denied.
- Records correction and resolution to Manager Payroll Employee Services.
- Verifies employee information (hours worked, attendance, absence, mileage, overtime, allowances and pay adjustments, visit,) to process in line with payroll processing steps and within established timelines.
- Prepares payroll weekly files (CVS file) and completes payroll audits, payroll simulations and resolves any payroll discrepancies or errors to ensure the file is accurate so that the information flows in its completeness for the earning to employee for SAP.
- Ensures simulation is finished in a timely manner to meet tight deadlines for final steps of payroll processing.
- Keeps the Manager Payroll Employee Services apprised of all issues and challenges that would impact customer service levels and/or the delivery of employee payroll as outlined by established bi-weekly payroll schedules.
- Performs business testing for configuration changes related to the employee profile regarding vacation entitlements, % in lieu of benefits, seniority hours, sick bank quotas and stat quotas, and configuration changes required for Collective Agreement and or non-union changes in entitlements and or new programs or new Personal sub areas.
- Special projects as assigned by management.
External and Internal Relationships:
- Works closely with the Client Service Associate (CSA) Leads, nurse managers or leads and payroll.
- Engages with cross function team such as Finance, Corporate Services, Regional Executive Directors and District Executive Directors.
Education, Designations and Experience:
- Degree or diploma in Business Administration or a related field
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience providing scheduling/ timekeeping, billing or payroll services in an automated environment.
- Knowledge of SAP and or Procura is an asset.
- Experience with both union and non-union environments.
- Experience in administrative and clerical procedures such as word processing and managing files and records.
- Knowledge of principles and practice to ensure delivery of exemplary customer service.
- Knowledge of scheduling systems.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, with particular ability in Excel.
- Strong data entry skills.
- Competency in SAP or other payroll systems.
- Effective time management with the ability to meet deadlines and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong capacity for team work.
- Effective Organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to solve problems and provide resolutions effectively.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Customer service orientation and high confidentiality required and a must.
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or a Child Abuse Registry Check may be required.
- Available to work flexible hours.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.
Attention Current Employees (Internal Applicants): If you are applying to a unionized position and you are a member of its bargaining unit, please be aware that this posting may remain open beyond the deadline if there are not enough applicants to fill the position(s). If the posting remains open after the initial deadline, VON may close the posting at its’ discretion or a rolling deadline equivalent to the posting period specified in your Collective Agreement will be deemed, and each successive period will be treated as a separate posting for purposes of comparing seniority between candidates.