IT/IS Technical Support Specialist I (TFT 1.0)
Employment Status: Temporary, Full Time (One year term) (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: IT/IS
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days
On Call: Yes
Anticipated end date: 10/03/2022
The IT/IS Support Technical Specialist-I provides national support to all front-line and office employees for a variety of hardware, software and business application issues. This includes identification and resolution of routine end user support issues, and/or referral to other members within the IT/IS team for more complex problems.
- Answers service desk phone lines and provide live answers to clients, ensuring response time targets are achieved.
- Upholds VON established Service Level Agreements (SLA) while providing exemplary customer service to office staff and a mobile work force.
- Respond to service tickets submitted via e-mail or via electronic ticket systems.
- Maintains accurate tracking of incidents & inquiries, ensuring all are logged, to include client contact information, description of issue, and resolution details.
- Resolves Tier I issues over the phone (printing issues, passwords resets, connectivity issues, etc.) and refers more complex issues to more senior team members for resolution.
- Resolves basic application and hardware problems for mobile devices (Android, etc.).
- Follows up with employees on incidents to ensure the issue is resolved to their satisfaction.
- Communicates daily technical problems and resolutions to employees, coworkers and management based on the response timeline objectives.
- Performs escalation and communications for adverse events, per SLA policy.
- Performs routine monitoring of network health (switches, modems, WAN equipment E-mail and VPN services)
- Performs daily activities of checking maintenance, systems back up, virus scans, security, & application logs for anomalies and referral of these within IT/IS team for resolution.
- Provides primary support for add, moves, changes of e-mail accounts, GAL, Active directory, & MDM accounts.
- Logs and provides tracking of software and hardware assets.
- Performs configuration of new desktop/notebook hardware including installation of system images and software applications
External and Internal Relationships:
- Builds and manages relationships with cross-functional team members and employees
- Builds and manages relationships with vendors to ensure service quality.
- Post secondary degree in Computer Science or Technical Diploma.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an IT/IS Service desk role with practical LAN/Desktop support experience (not call center based).
- MCP, CCNA, A+ certification are considered assets.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows 7 - 32 & 64 bit / Windows 10).
- Excellent understanding of virtualized desktop environments.
- Strong knowledge of general networking protocols, specifically TCP/IP and basic VPN configurations.
- Strong knowledge and experience with the software associated with enterprise environments such as: Antivirus programs, Citrix thin client, Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Microsoft Office 2007-2016 & backup applications.
- Good understanding of electronic messaging applications, e-mail transport protocols, and MDM functionality.
- Excellent problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience using change/problem management software, tools and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (both orally & in writing) technical information to technical & non-technical personnel.
- Must be willing to work outside of regular business hours to support extended service desk support schedule. This includes being part of an on-call rotation, for non-core service desk support hours
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required.
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas.
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced Environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Fine hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further information and contact details.