Logistics/Warehouse Strategy Manager
Job Title: Logistics/Warehouse Strategy Manager
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reporting to: Logistics Manager
UNIQLO is a brand of Fast Retailing Co. (FR), a leading global Japanese retail holding company that designs, manufactures and sells clothing under five brands: GU, Theory, COMPTOIR DES COTONNIERS, PRINCESSE TAM.TAM, J Brand, and UNIQLO. FR is the world’s third largest apparel retail company and UNIQLO is Japan’s leading specialty retailer.
At UNIQLO, we are committed to providing our employees with enriching and challenging opportunities where achievements and personal growth are acknowledged and rewarded. We are dedicated to offering our employees training, performance based increases, and unlimited growth opportunities. If you are an ambitious, hard-working individual who welcomes new challenges, have a drive for success, and embrace the responsibility of leadership—then you belong at UNIQLO!
FAST RETAILING is a new industry called "information manufacturing and retailing" through "LifeWear". We aim to become the best in the world in the apparel field. Toward that realization, the "Ariake Project" is the company-wide effort and supply chain reform is the core of the project. It’s not yet realized by any company in the world, but it’s truly Customer-oriented and requires ultimate supply chain reform to carry out.
This position is expected to dynamically promote the reforms while taking advantage of our management perspective and expertise.
The successful candidate will be working closely with our senior management team to implement change.
UNIQLO Canada is looking to hire a Logistics/Warehouse Strategy Manager to be a leader on the logistics team as we to continue to improve the infrastructure to support our growing retail business and E-commerce business. The successful candidate will manage the P&L, the day to day operations and continuous improvement of partner companies in fulfillment and transportation, to support the growth of the logistics process along with the development of systems and procedures that enhance and standardize our operations.
- Responsible for promoting overall logistics reform in the country / area in charge, regardless of areas such as stores and EC.
- Extraction of issues according to the business and logistics status and identification of the root cause
- Building up and execution of logistics schemes that will lead to solutions to logistics issues
- Building up highly accurate inventory control scheme
- Collaboration with stakeholders such as other departments within the company and external vendors
- Organization management of the department in charge, development of logistics personnel
- Analyze and track KPIs to improve operations performance, and take customer experience to the next level
- Create and manage budgets, play a critical role in P&L reviews and strategic planning/forecasting
- Ensure that quality, quantity, customer satisfaction, and financial commitments are met
- Negotiate prices with service providers for warehouse operations and deliveries
- Manage daily operational performance of partners making use of metrics and dashboards to ensure business objectives are supported
Desired Skills and Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree – 5 years of experience in the logistics field
- Professional knowledge and experience for retail logistics and e-commerce logistics, warehousing and distribution
- Strong business and financial acumen and solid supply chain background
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with limited structure and direct supervision
- Familiarity with warehouse management systems
- Experience using performance metrics in high performance environments
- Experience leading structured process improvement activities and lead initiatives
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously, including cross-functional project management
- Experience interfacing with outside vendors
- Strong analytical ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to drive results
- Expert user of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to travel within Canada, domestic travel to be expected
- French language skill an asset
- Successful candidate will be brought to the Toronto office for a 1-2 month training period
- Relocation may be an option for the right candidate