- Act as a liaison between Store Management, Store Operations, and HR in ensuring proper HR and Administrative processes are adhered to.
- Support the recruitment and onboarding process when hiring new store associates.
- Provide daily support to HR Team and Store Operations as needed.
- Keep employee forms and documentation up to date, according to legislative and company standards. Refresh employee communication boards on a regular basis.
- Participate in weekly Store Admin meeting with SSC HR and ensure outstanding items are addressed in a timely manner.
- Report on store HR activities (i.e. employee relations issues, accident/incidents, payroll/benefits concerns).
- Assist with administration of payroll for 1000+ employees.
- Assist with preparation of a variety of payroll related documents (e.g. invoices for overpayments, payroll register, stop payments, workers' compensation cheques, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and issues, meeting compliance requirements, and providing audit references.
- Verify a variety of payroll related information (e.g. time sheets, direct deposits, wage attachments, benefits, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring accurate distribution of funds prior to processing.
- Other duties as required.
Desired Skills and Experiences
- Post-secondary degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or Accounting, preferred.
- Minimum of 2+ years' working experience.
- Working knowledge of ADP and other payroll solutions preferred.
- Relevant HR Administrative experience (i.e. screening resumes, processing payroll, reviewing new hire documents, training, coordinating interviews), an asset.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to operate with high level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Exceptional communication skills in English (verbal, written, and presentation).
- Keen eye for detail coupled with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must be willing and able to travel regularly to stores within region.
- Must be willing and able to travel to Toronto for training and meetings (as required)
UNIQLO Canada is an equal opportunity employer. UNIQLO Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates and accommodates person with disabilities. Candidates that are selected for interviews should advise us if they require accommodation.