Engineer - Tools
Xperi invents, develops and delivers technologies that create extraordinary experiences at home and on the go for millions of people around the world. Powering billions of consumer electronics, connected cars and digital content titles, we make entertainment more immersive, driving more intelligent and every interaction seamlessly personalized through our renowned consumer brands: DTS®, HD Radio™, IMAX® Enhanced and TiVo®.
Xperi (NASDAQ: XPER) is a publicly traded technology company headquartered in San Jose, CA with over 2,000 employees across North America, Europe and Asia. Come join a thriving team where you can play an integral role in shaping the future of entertainment technology.
About the role:
Xperi is looking for a motivated self-starter to join the Engineering Services team! This critical role includes automation, writing code, building web sites, setting up servers, disassembling, testing, and repairing lab equipment, while working with different Engineering teams. The position offers an exciting opportunity for working on different Engineering aspects such as hardware, software, process, documentation, automation, and innovation.
The ideal candidate is a team player with excellent technical ingenuity and troubleshooting skills. This position will focus on supporting the Engineering division of the Xperi/TiVo Platform team.
Here is what you'll get to do:
• The Engineer will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Creating tools to help support various Engineering teams in the company
• Supporting existing scripts, web pages, and servers
• Set up devices for various Engineering departments
• Duping USB flash drives and hard disk drives
• Verifying operation of demo and prototype units
• Maintenance of labs including rewiring
• Acquiring equipment as required for maintenance and revised configurations
• Deploying hardware to Engineering per the allocation plan
• Using the Lab Services database to track hardware location and status
• Setting up various devices such as Remote Power Strips, IP Encoders, Terminal Servers, IP/Serial HDMI Switches, IR Blasters
What you'll need to be successful:
o Programming and scripting (PERL, Bash, Python, etc)
o Database knowledge (MySql, Splunk)
o Android(ADB) develepment tools
o Familiarity with Linux
o Networking SMTP, TCP/IP, FTP, SCP, SSH, Switches, Routers
o Docker setup and configuration
o Web server configuration and Web content creation (HTML, JS, nodeJS, CSS)
• Familiarity with desktop PCs, server builds, and VMs
• Good written and verbal communication skills required
• Ability to use various hand tools, wire crimps, screwdrivers, wrenches, etc.
• Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs
• Ability to analyze problems and troubleshoot issues
• Be innovative and come up with new ideas and look for ways to improve processes
If you'd like to really "wow" us, have one or more of the following:
• Knowledge of RF and broadcast digital video or head-end equipment
• Prior experience testing Set-Top-Boxes, Digital Video Recorders (DVR’s), and IP Streamers.
• Video streaming knowledge a plus
Life @ Xperi:
At Xperi, we value People, Customers, Performance and Innovation. We are dedicated to creating a workplace where all employees have a voice and sense of belonging, feel safe and valued, and are acknowledged for how their unique differences contribute to organizational culture and business outcomes.
Our employees and their families are important to us, and our comprehensive pay, stock and benefits programs reflect that. Xperi supports personal well-being, builds financial security and enables employees to share in our collective success.
• Competitive compensation (salary, equity and bonuses) and comprehensive benefits designed to foster work-life balance, care for your health, protect your finances and help you save and invest for the future.
• Generous paid time away from work, including flexible time off, holidays and sick time, health and wellness initiatives, and a charitable match program to help you give back to your community.
• Great perks, which vary by location and can be site-specific: employee discounts, transportation reimbursements, subsidized cafes and fitness facilities.
• A flexible, hybrid work environment combining the best of in-office collaboration and community-building along with the benefits of working from home.