Head of Product Management - In Cabin Sensing
Xperi invents, develops and delivers technologies that create extraordinary experiences at home and on the go for millions of people around the world. Powering billions of consumer electronics, connected cars and digital content titles, we make entertainment more immersive, driving more intelligent and every interaction seamlessly personalized through our renowned consumer brands: DTS®, HD Radio™, IMAX® Enhanced and TiVo®.
Xperi’ Connected Car business focuses on Connected Media and In Cabin Sensing product segments.
Position: Head of Product Management, In Cabin Sensing
Reporting to: SVP of In Cabin Sensing
This is an opportunity that puts you at the forefront of the automotive revolution; a challenge to take a leading role in defining how edge AI will bring car users’ safety & journey experience to a new level.
This opportunity demands a unique blend of business and technical savvy, and the drive to make vision a reality.
As our lead Product Manager for this segment, you will bridge the gap between the market needs and technical capabilities, clarifying what should be done and why. You will be the catalyst between R&D and engineering, business development and sales, and will channel their energy to monetize our solutions and identify new growth areas.
This position requires a versatile and driven individual with a technical understanding of computer vision, business acumen, excellent verbal, and written communication skills. Your experience with the automotive ADAS market segment, deep understanding of the ecosystem, the regulation, and requirements.
You will develop and manage the business and marketing relationships with ecosystem partner companies including camera vendors, camera sensors, camera lenses, board design, and software companies.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable & productive in dealing with senior executives as well as tactical level roles.
The position will require travel across the USA, Europe and Asia.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Function as product leader from concept to launch
- Gather, manage, and prioritize market/customer requirements
- Research the competitive environment and develop the product vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Develop product kits, including product briefs and data sheets
- Build business case for new opportunities and products
- Define product positioning, price, and go to market strategy, in collaboration Xperi management
- In conjunction with the sales team, write proposals and quotations for RFQs, RFIs and, drive pre-sales technical efforts and customer pilot projects
- Build the right relationships with ecosystem partners and initiatives strategic collaborations
- Lead the product management and customer engineering teams, ensuring staffing, training, mentorship, career development and performance reviews.
- Collaborate with engineering to define product development objectives within budget and schedule
- Collaborate with engineering and marketing to launch and promote company’s solutions
- Collaborate with the global sales team to support the sell-in of the company’s solutions
- Work with product marketing to prepare and conduct product training for the global sales force
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited university or college
- Proven experience in leading an innovative solution from concept through launch
- 10 years of cumulative experience in roles driving innovation, product and business planning, software development, technical marketing, product marketing and business development, including at 5 years of specific product or program management experience
- At least 3 years within the ADAS / Automotive industry
- Automotive Safety know-how
- Computer Vision technology knowledge, with applicability to In Cabin Sensing
- Good understanding of camera subsystems (sensors, camera modules, lens, ISP processing technology and full system optimizations)
- Ability to grasp / explain and use engineering concepts
- Strong business analysis, problem solving and strategy development skills
- Experience in dealing effectively with customers at senior and execution levels
- Proven ability to collaborate among cross-functional teams in a multinational environment
- Demonstrated experience in building relationships with peers, cross-functional stakeholders, and leadership across a large organization
This role can be in one of several of our offices in Europe (eg Germany, Ireland or Romania), as well as a our East Coast offices in US (Maryland, New Jersey) but is also suitable for remote work.
Life @ Xperi:
At Xperi, we value People, Customers, Performance and Innovation. We are dedicated to creating a workplace where all employees have a voice and sense of belonging, feel safe and valued, and are acknowledged for how their unique differences contribute to organizational culture and business outcomes.
Our employees and their families are important to us, and our comprehensive pay, stock and benefits programs reflect that. Xperi supports personal well-being, builds financial security and enables employees to share in our collective success.
- Competitive compensation (salary, equity and bonuses) and comprehensive benefits designed to foster work-life balance, care for your health, protect your finances and help you save and invest for the future.
- Generous paid time away from work, including flexible time off, holidays and sick time, health and wellness initiatives, and a charitable match program to help you give back to your community.
- Great perks, which vary by location and can be site-specific: employee discounts, transportation reimbursements, subsidized cafes and fitness facilities.
- A flexible, hybrid work environment combining the best of in-office collaboration and community-building along with the benefits of working from home.