Senior Data Technician
Xperi invents, develops and delivers technologies that create extraordinary experiences at home and on the go for millions of people around the world. Powering billions of consumer electronics, connected cars and digital content titles, we make entertainment more immersive, driving more intelligent and every interaction seamlessly personalized through our renowned consumer brands: DTS®, HD Radio™, IMAX® Enhanced and TiVo®.
Xperi (NASDAQ: XPER) is a publicly traded technology company headquartered in San Jose, CA with over 2,000 employees across North America, Europe and Asia. Come join a thriving team where you can play an integral role in shaping the future of entertainment technology.
About the role:
At XPERI, we embrace your uniqueness. Bring your imagination and creativity to us and be a part of a technology company that brings sensory experiences to life, where you will unlock your true potential.
Are you a dependable, friendly person who takes pride in the quality of your work?
We need you to join our team and contribute to our mission to provide imaging data for AI-related company products by deploying and executing photo-shoots. You'll also be looking at images – for example of people's faces – and using computer software to mark regions or objects of interest, such as the location of the eyes or mouths.
What you will get to do:
- Lead and manage a team of technicians
- Work as part of a team and support technical activity of junior team members
- Use a variety of software tools to mark objects, events, or other items of interest in image, video, or audio files, based on guidelines and requirements
- Acquire images, audio and video of people or other objects, in laboratory, outdoors or in a car, according to requirements, using computer-controlled cameras and recording devices
- Build and deploy mechanical, electrical & electronic data recording systems in-lab or on-site
- Act as a technical expert to design data acquisition setups, supervise data acquisition sessions, select, or create methods and procedures to perform data annotation and acquisition related activities
- Work with external service providers and casting agencies to source, organize and manage human participants for data acquisition projects
- Create documents and reports with various information needed for annotation and acquisition projects.
- Use provided software tools to review, organize and process data and images
- Use Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence) to collaborate, document and deliver your work products
- Inventory, organize and manage tools and equipment
- Identify issues and propose improvements for your work
Who we are looking for:
- 2+ years previous experience in leading and managing a team
- Previous experience and good understanding of the data annotation and acquisition activities
- Proven experience working part of a team and supporting other junior team members
- Good communicator, polite, respectful, and professional attitude
- Self-motivated, positive attitude, team-player and excited about being an integral part of our team.
- Adaptability and willingness to work on short deadlines or changing priorities and supporting several projects at the same time.
- Open to continuous learning to use new software, hardware, and new requirements.
- Superior attention to details, thoroughness, and dedication
- Hands-on all-rounder with basic carpentry, electrical or mechanical skills
- Good written and spoken English
- Driver’s license
- Experienced computer operator (Windows OS, Microsoft Office)
Nice to have:
- Photography knowledge, experience with other types of imaging or audio devices
- Experience with Atlassian tools
- Basic scripting / programming skills
- Baccalaureate degree
Life @ Xperi:
At Xperi, we value People, Customers, Performance and Innovation. We are dedicated to creating a workplace where all employees have a voice and sense of belonging, feel safe and valued, and are acknowledged for how their unique differences contribute to organizational culture and business outcomes.
Our employees and their families are important to us, and our comprehensive pay, stock and benefits programs reflect that. Xperi supports personal well-being, builds financial security and enables employees to share in our collective success.
- Competitive compensation (salary, equity and bonuses) and comprehensive benefits designed to foster work-life balance, care for your health, protect your finances and help you save and invest for the future.
- Generous paid time away from work, including flexible time off, holidays and sick time, health and wellness initiatives, and a charitable match program to help you give back to your community.
- Great perks, which vary by location and can be site-specific: employee discounts, transportation reimbursements, subsidized cafes and fitness facilities.
- A flexible, hybrid work environment combining the best of in-office collaboration and community-building along with the benefits of working from home.
Benefits & perks - Romania:
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Stock Program
- Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Free Parking (covered by Xperi)
- Sport subscription compensation/reimbursement
- VDU Glasses compensation
- Meal vouchers
- 22 to maximum 26 annual vacation days
- Rest & Relax additional days off during Christmas
- Flexible work hours
- Reward & Recognition Program
- Referral Bonus Program
- Professional Development Trainings
- Charity Matching Program & Volunteer Opportunities
- Team & Company Events