Xperi invents, develops and delivers technologies that create extraordinary experiences at home and on the go for millions of people around the world. Powering billions of consumer electronics, connected cars and digital content titles, we make entertainment more immersive, driving more intelligent and every interaction seamlessly personalized through our renowned consumer brands: DTS®, HD Radio™, IMAX® Enhanced and TiVo®.
Xperi (NYSE: XPER) is a publicly traded technology company headquartered in San Jose, CA with over 2,000 employees across North America, Europe and Asia. Come join a thriving team where you can play an integral role in shaping the future of entertainment technology.
Join a team that is dedicated to providing best in class business intelligence solutions to Xperi's management team. The Data Analyst is a key role in Xperi’s growing and dynamic FP&A Data Analytics organization. The Data Analytics team is responsible for building data automation, visualization and predictive models for our internal customers to help solve business challenges. This role offers the opportunity to draw on your passion for problem-solving and simplifying tasks as well as your technical skill set to make important contributions on high visibility projects.
As a Data Analyst, you will play a truly rewarding part in developing data automation processes and delivering data visualizations. You will collaborate daily in an agile development environment with technical experts and cross-functional business stakeholders. This role is central to providing the senior leadership team with business intelligence and predictive modeling solutions to support critical business decisions. This role is focused on automating operational tasks, improving data processing and working with FP&A and operational teams to present interesting data and solve complex problems.
What you will get to do:
- Support the Financial stakeholders’ needs through development and maintenance of business intelligence solutions
- Translate business requirements to technical solutions by collecting requirements, transforming, improving and integrating data across various different systems
- Develop and deliver BI solutions to provide actionable intelligence that allows senior management to better manage the business and make data-driven business decisions
- Create visualizations, including dashboards, to display data-backed insights and predictive results
- Utilize and promote sound development practices (requirements gathering, design reviews, retrospective meetings, etc.)
- Identify and automate repetitive operational tasks at all stages of the BI development lifecycle
- Build tools and systems to increase operational transparency and monitor financial data
Who we are looking for:
- Intellectual curiosity to enjoy problem solving and ask the right questions to arrive at insights
- Capable of working with large amounts of data to support or refute a hypothesis.
- 3+ years of BI data visualization development experience using Tableau or Power BI
- 3+ years of experience with Databases and Structure Query Language (SQL)
- 3+ years of experience with process automation technology such as Alteryx or UiPath
- Experience with streamlining complex business processes using Smartsheet or Salesforce
- Project management and documentation experience using JIRA or Smartsheet
- Must enjoy working on multiple projects and be able to prioritize with minimal guidance
- A sense of humor and tolerance for ambiguity
Nice to have:
- Experience working with Financial or ERP systems such as Adaptive and NetSuite preferred
- Experience building predictive modeling using Python, R, or similar languages
- Ability to design ETLs and scalable data models is a plus
What will make you successful:
- Excellent project management skills and experience working in a matrix team across FP&A, HR, Sales Ops, Accounting, data engineering and other business functions
- Experience using data to solve complex, ambiguous, high-impact, cross-functional problems
- Keen troubleshooting skills and practiced agile development methodology
- Ability to work well without constant direction
Life @ Xperi:
At Xperi, we value People, Customers, Performance and Innovation. We are dedicated to creating a workplace where all employees have a voice and sense of belonging, feel safe and valued, and are acknowledged for how their unique differences contribute to organizational culture and business outcomes.
Our employees and their families are important to us, and our comprehensive pay, stock and benefits programs reflect that. Xperi supports personal well-being, builds financial security and enables employees to share in our collective success.
- Competitive compensation (salary, equity and bonuses) and comprehensive benefits designed to foster work-life balance, care for your health, protect your finances and help you save and invest for the future.
- Generous paid time away from work, including flexible time off, holidays and sick time, health and wellness initiatives, and a charitable match program to help you give back to your community.
- Great perks, which vary by location and can be site-specific: employee discounts, transportation reimbursements, subsidized cafes and fitness facilities.
- A flexible, hybrid work environment combining the best of in-office collaboration and community-building along with the benefits of working from home.
The estimated base salary range for this full-time position is $68,947 - $84,460 plus bonus and benefits, and can vary if outside of this location. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, competencies, experience, market demands, internal parity, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range and perks and benefits for your location during the hiring process.