Manager - SDK Team Manager
Xperi invents, develops and delivers technologies that create extraordinary experiences at home and on the go for millions of people around the world. Powering billions of consumer electronics, connected cars and digital content titles, we make entertainment more immersive, driving more intelligent and every interaction seamlessly personalized through our renowned consumer brands: DTS®, HD Radio™, IMAX® Enhanced and TiVo®.
Xperi (NYSE: XPER) is a publicly traded technology company headquartered in San Jose, CA with over 2,000 employees across North America, Europe and Asia. Come join a thriving team where you can play an integral role in shaping the future of entertainment technology.
Xperi is looking for a manager to lead the Mobile Audio SDK Team who develop our core audio and platform SDKs for Windows, ChromeOS and third-party peripherals. The successful applicant is a technologist who excels at software development, has natural leadership abilities and is a great communicator. This is a remote role with occasional travel to London or other UK offices (Bangor, Northern Ireland).
Location: UK- Remote
THE MOBILE AUDIO SDK TEAM MANAGER
Leads and directly manages a remote team of talented developers who are based in the South East and Northen Ireland. They are responsible for:
- Creating a climate of innovation, proactive problem solving and transparency
- Providing mentoring and guidance
- Promoting an environment of continuous improvement
- Supporting their own growth and development and that of the team
- Performance management
- Meeting regularly with the team in-person to maintain a strong sense of collaborative development.
Leads development of the core audio SDKs and plugins. They:
- Have ultimate responsibility for the SDK architecture, ensuring that it meets the requirements of all internal and external consumers
- Ensure frequent and on-time delivery
- Balance new feature development against technical debt
- Ensure proper processes for supporting a stable and consistent software product
- Contribute regularly as a hands-on Developer
The role is suited to someone who:
- Enjoys problem solving and analysis
- Benefits from collaborative working and enjoys working in a team environment
- Balances multiple, often conflicting, priorities well
- Focuses on user-value and the end result, but understands the details too
- Leads by example and excels at writing quality code
- 5 years in a C/C++ programming role
- Master’s level or above degree in relevant engineering field
- Demonstrable experience of:
- Working in a team leadership role
- Working with other cross-functional teams
- Algorithm or architecture design for real-time library or SDK Development
- Innovation in an R&D environment
- Technical communication such as publications or conference presentations
- Demonstrable understanding of
- Digital audio signal processing
- Scrum and agile development
- Build systems, automated testing and continuous integration
- Cross platform and mobile development
- Recognized technology management qualification or certification
- Embedded software development
Life @ Xperi
At Xperi, we value People, Customers, Performance and Innovation. We are dedicated to creating a workplace where all employees have a voice and sense of belonging, feel safe and valued, and are acknowledged for how their unique differences contribute to organizational culture and business outcomes.
Our employees and their families are important to us, and our comprehensive pay, stock and benefits programs reflect that. Xperi supports personal well-being, builds financial security and enables employees to share in our collective success.
Competitive compensation (salary, equity and bonuses) and comprehensive benefits designed to foster work-life balance, care for your health, protect your finances and help you save and invest for the future.
Generous paid time away from work, including flexible time off, holidays and sick time, health and wellness initiatives, and a charitable match program to help you give back to your community.
Great perks, which vary by location and can be site-specific: employee discounts, transportation reimbursements, subsidized cafes and fitness facilities.
- A flexible, hybrid work environment combining the best of in-office collaboration and community-building along with the benefits of working from home.