IT Ops - Information Technology Engineer
Xperi invents, develops and delivers technologies that create extraordinary experiences at home and on the go for millions of people around the world. Powering billions of consumer electronics, connected cars and digital content titles, we make entertainment more immersive, driving more intelligent and every interaction seamlessly personalized through our renowned consumer brands: DTS®, HD Radio™, IMAX® Enhanced and TiVo®.
Xperi (NYSE: XPER) is a publicly traded technology company headquartered in San Jose, CA with over 2,000 employees across North America, Europe and Asia. Come join a thriving team where you can play an integral role in shaping the future of entertainment technology.
About the role:
The Corporate IT Services requires a day-to-day Service Desk Technician for ongoing support for Xperi. These required support services include but are not limited to: field incoming help requests, resolve IT support requests, escalate advanced cases, maintain service records, perform system testing and updates, maintain IT documentation.
The Service Desk Technician will be responsible for supporting, servicing, implementing, lifecycle management, and daily operations for IT Corporate Services. This will include (but not limited to) direct user support, run book creation and modification, coordinate with other IT teams in the organization, day to day operations, lifecycle management planning and implementation.
In addition, a successful candidate will have a firm understanding of IT methodology and solutions, be forward thinking, and be able to assist and collaborate with other members of the Corporate IT and Infrastructure team in support of those technologies. This will include (but not be limited to) Windows OS, MAC OSX, MS O365 (Outlook, OneDrive, MS Office), Slack, Zoom, Active Directory, MS Teams, and others as required.
What you will get to do:
- Be self-motivated and able to work successfully with a team to achieve ambitious goals
- Implementation IT technologies in support of defined requirements generated by business and growth demands
- Work with Tier II/III teams by creating/updating support run books to enable first call resolution
- Work with the business to understand requirements.
Who we are looking for:
- in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years directly related work experience
- 2 or more years of technical experience in
- Windows OS laptop and desktop support
- Mac OS laptop and desktop support
- Office 365
- Endpoint management
- Workstation deployment
- Active Directory
- Scripting for automation of tasks
- Application support experience with Zoom, Slack
- Knowledge of current workstation hardware and standards
Other Desired Qualifications
- Certifications in Windows and Mac support
- Fundamental networking knowledge and experience
- Core fundamental and working knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to:
- Read, analyze, and interpret common technical journals
- Document procedures that conform to a prescribed style and format
- Present information to users clearly
- Strong analytical skills required
Life @ Xperi:
At Xperi, we value People, Customers, Performance and Innovation. We are dedicated to creating a workplace where all employees have a voice and sense of belonging, feel safe and valued, and are acknowledged for how their unique differences contribute to organizational culture and business outcomes.
Our employees and their families are important to us, and our comprehensive pay, stock and benefits programs reflect that. Xperi supports personal well-being, builds financial security and enables employees to share in our collective success.
- Competitive compensation (salary, equity and bonuses) and comprehensive benefits designed to foster work-life balance, care for your health, protect your finances and help you save and invest for the future.
- Generous paid time away from work, including flexible time off, holidays and sick time, health and wellness initiatives, and a charitable match program to help you give back to your community.
- Great perks, which vary by location and can be site-specific: employee discounts, transportation reimbursements, subsidized cafes and fitness facilities.
- A flexible, hybrid work environment combining the best of in-office collaboration and community-building along with the benefits of working from home.