Xperi invents, develops and delivers technologies that create extraordinary experiences at home and on the go for millions of people around the world. Powering billions of consumer electronics, connected cars and digital content titles, we make entertainment more immersive, driving more intelligent and every interaction seamlessly personalized through our renowned consumer brands: DTS®, HD Radio™, IMAX® Enhanced and TiVo®.
Xperi (NYSE: XPER) is a publicly traded technology company headquartered in San Jose, CA with over 2,000 employees across North America, Europe and Asia. Come join a thriving team where you can play an integral role in shaping the future of entertainment technology.
About the role:
- Understanding existing services, architecture, development/deployment patterns and functional requirements of the services. Learning and adopting towards fast moving, next generation technologies, tools and process.
- Possessing strong technical background with the ability to contribute to planning, design discussions and peer code/design reviews.
- Collaborating with other engineers, teams and product managers to ensure design and implementation meet internal standards.
- Being self-driven and proactive in applying logic and reason to effectively solve problems and manage risks.
- Passionately owning the work by taking ownership and delivering results.
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues escalated by partners and internal systems, including developing, implementing, and deploying emergency hot fixes.
- Collaborate with Quality Engineering, Solutions and Operations teams for issue resolution, and timely delivery of end-to-end product.
- Identifying opportunities to automate tasks and create or maintain operational tools
- Strong programming skills in any one language like Java, Go and Python.
- At least 3 years of Experience in any one framework engine like Spring or Play.
- Experience in Restful web services and microservice architecture.
- Experience in any Cloud Infrastructure based development like Amazon Web Services.
- Relational and NoSQL database experience such as MySQL and DynamoDB.
- Experience in anyone of the messaging systems like Kafka.
- Experience in any one containerization technologies like Docker.
- Experience in any CICD pipelining systems/tools like git, Jenkins etc.
- Experience in any IPTV solutions, DRM, nDVR, nPVR space is a big plus.
- Strong experience in Spring Framework and spring based tools and libraries.
- Expert in building highly scalable services using Kafka.
- Experience in any deployment orchestration systems like Kubernetes.
- Experience in deployment configuration management systems like Terraform and Atlantis.
- AWS expert!!! Strong work experience in AWS and the tools, applications, and technologies therein. Knowledge and exposure in Serverless app development.
- Experience in a remote work environment with multiple time zones is a plus.
- Experience in observability systems like Splunk.
Life @ Xperi:
At Xperi, we value People, Customers, Performance and Innovation. We are dedicated to creating a workplace where all employees have a voice and sense of belonging, feel safe and valued, and are acknowledged for how their unique differences contribute to organizational culture and business outcomes.
Our employees and their families are important to us, and our comprehensive pay, stock and benefits programs reflect that. Xperi supports personal well-being, builds financial security and enables employees to share in our collective success.
- Competitive compensation (salary, equity and bonuses) and comprehensive benefits designed to foster work-life balance, care for your health, protect your finances and help you save and invest for the future.
- Generous paid time away from work, including flexible time off, holidays and sick time, health and wellness initiatives, and a charitable match program to help you give back to your community.
- Great perks, which vary by location and can be site-specific: employee discounts, transportation reimbursements, subsidized cafes and fitness facilities.
- A flexible, hybrid work environment combining the best of in-office collaboration and community-building along with the benefits of working from home.
The estimated base salary range for this full-time position is $139,600 - $185,000 plus bonus, equity, and benefits, and can vary if outside of this location. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, competencies, experience, market demands, internal parity, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range and perks and benefits for your location during the hiring process.