Principal Engineer - Technical Support / Team Leader
Xperi invents, develops and delivers technologies that create extraordinary experiences at home and on the go for millions of people around the world. Powering billions of consumer electronics, connected cars and digital content titles, we make entertainment more immersive, driving more intelligent and every interaction seamlessly personalized through our renowned consumer brands: DTS®, HD Radio™, IMAX® Enhanced and TiVo®.
Xperi (NYSE: XPER) is a publicly traded technology company headquartered in San Jose, CA with over 2,000 employees across North America, Europe and Asia. Come join a thriving team where you can play an integral role in shaping the future of entertainment technology.
Here’s what you get to do:
- Lead Engineering team providing L2/L3 support and developing tools (50 – 50 ratio)
- Provide technical support in projects
- Drive road map based initiatives to resolution in cooperation with stakeholders
- Lead implementation of automation, monitoring and integration tools
- Develop and maintain good relationships with internal and external customers by ensuring highest level of service.
- Be available to provide occasional support during remote on-call shifts.
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful:
- Ability to break down and refine requirements, plan implementation path and successfully execute it
- Ability to lead a team, set working standards and processes
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills. Excellent time management, decision-making, prioritization and organization skills.
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills and problem solving, ability to think through situations outside the norm and develop appropriate solutions, isolating the root cause
- Working knowledge of Linux and Bash
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP network protocols
- Fluent written and spoken English
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of DTV, IPTV, VOD, OTT solutions and standards.
- Ability to develop Python applications
Life @ Xperi:
At Xperi, we value People, Customers, Performance and Innovation. We are dedicated to creating a workplace where all employees have a voice and sense of belonging, feel safe and valued, and are acknowledged for how their unique differences contribute to organizational culture and business outcomes.
Our employees and their families are important to us, and our comprehensive pay, stock and benefits programs reflect that. Xperi supports personal well-being, builds financial security and enables employees to share in our collective success.
- Competitive compensation (salary, equity and bonuses) and comprehensive benefits designed to foster work-life balance, care for your health, protect your finances and help you save and invest for the future.
- Generous paid time away from work, including flexible time off, holidays and sick time, health and wellness initiatives, and a charitable match program to help you give back to your community.
- Great perks, which vary by location and can be site-specific: employee discounts, transportation reimbursements, subsidized cafes and fitness facilities.
- A flexible, hybrid work environment combining the best of in-office collaboration and community-building along with the benefits of working from home.