About The Institutes
A not-for-profit organization located in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing— our talented team delivers innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. In 2019, The Institutes was named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the fifth time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
Database and Systems Integration Manager
The CPCU Society has an immediate vacancy for a Membership Database and Systems Integration Manager. This position will oversee and ensure the accuracy and integrity of the organization's iMIS database. S/he will create and generate database reports and coordinate end user database training for staff. Understanding and executing iMIS integration with existing and future systems fall within the responsibilities. S/he will manage the society’s online communities and volunteer module through Higher Logic and the website on RISE. As part of our small team, this person will also assist as needed with membership projects. This new position reports directly to the Deputy Executive Director. If you are confident that you’d be a good fit for our culture-driven team, we’d love to meet you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Determine the best possible method of organizing, recording, then implementing member data
- Work with staff to update business rules and streamline processes, procedures and automate work flows to maximize efficiencies. Set, document and maintain standards
- Identify reporting requirements by working closely with users, analyzing department needs and evaluating existing systems and set-ups
- Create, optimize and maintain complex queries and reports that allow data to be extracted
- Extract and analyze data using Excel, Pivot Charts, Tableau and other advanced formulas and functions
- Create and distribute reports
- Troubleshoot and resolve database issues related to performance, security, recovery, or integrity in an accurate and timely manner
- Member data maintenance and integrity checks to ensure that data is accurate, complete, and captured in a consistent manner
- Develop training plan and resources for new database and web users
- Ensure database reflects the needs of users, the society and enhances the member experience
- Document and maintain procedures, workflows, processes, and complex functions;
- Maintain and update all mailing and e-mail lists;
- Collaborate with The Institutes IT Department to understand workflows between databases;
- Ensure seamless integration of database with third party software products (i.e. Informz, Higher Logic, CVent, etc.)
- Track service tickets and manage work with software vendors, and internal IT department on maintenance, bug fixes and upgrades
- Manage, gather and update website content in a manner that is appealing to targeted audiences, that develops brand awareness and generates inbound traffic. No coding knowledge required
Education and Experience
- Two or more years of experience managing iMIS or a similar association management platform in a membership organization;
- Experience with Structure Query Language (SQL);
- Knowledge of query structure and usage;
- Experience analyzing and presenting data for business needs;
- Thorough proficiency with the full MS Office Suite (mail merges, formulas and pivot tables, etc.);
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies;
- Works well in a team environment, as well as independently; and
- Experience working in a fast-paced non-profit organization.
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- Onsite Cafeteria in Malvern- free breakfast and lunch every day!
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package that includes paid vacation, personal, sick and holidays
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Free on-site fitness center
- A beautiful 1.25-mile long walking path!
The CPCU Society is a 501(c)(6) non-profit.
Role is remote currently and for the near future.