Web Application Support Engineer
About The Institutes
A not-for-profit organization headquartered in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing— our talented team delivers innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. In 2022, The Institutes was named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the seventh time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
Web Application Support Engineer
We are actively seeking a self-motivated, team-oriented individual to join our Service Desk team as a WEB Application Support Engineer. This role provides WEB support to end-users across the organization. The ideal candidate must have strong communication skills and be accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment while resolving WEB/API-related incidents. If you are confident that you will be a good fit for our team, we would love to meet you!
What You’ll do:
- Provide first and second-level support for WEB/API and database-related incidents.
- Manage assigned tickets within the ticketing system to ensure requests are resolved in an efficient and timely manner according to business needs/priorities.
- Monitor and provide support for core applications and WEB/API service availability.
- Ensure that all work is logged and tracked through the Manage Engine and/or JIRA systems.
- Communicate effectively in business language, keeping stakeholders up to date on request status and estimated project completion time.
- Groom and escalate larger code changes not covered by the ServiceDesk team to the other development teams.
- Participate in code reviews, and change management, providing constructive feedback and learning from others.
- Create clear documentation and report solutions to commonly addressed problems in the appropriate Solutions systems.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining, developing, and testing software.
- Utilize best practices while developing, updating, and maintaining WEB/API assets in accordance with the marketing and design-provided materials.
- Train the Service Desk team on how to troubleshoot WEB/API solutions.
- Willing to expand knowledge to assist Service Desk with non-WEB/API issues when needed.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Minimum of two years of IT experience and/or equivalent education.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with and Typescript
- Experience using modern CI/CD methods such as Bitbucket/Git
- Knowledge of Drupal, Node, PHP, REST API and PL/SQL a Plus
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
Role is hybrid with at least two days each week in the office. Candidates should be able to commute to Malvern, PA at least two days per week.