Senior Research Analyst
About The Institutes
A not-for-profit organization located in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing— our talented team delivers innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. In 2019, The Institutes was named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the fifth time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
Senior Research Analyst
The Institutes are committed to providing insights and research that best empower the business to offer a wide range of professional development services and inform our management of trends in the industry. We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Research Analyst to join our organization and provide qualitative research on product trends, industry opinions, and market research for emerging and existing professions supporting the Property and Casualty Insurance Industry. The ideal candidate needs to have experience forming and testing research hypothesis using qualitative surveys, in person interviews, conducting focus groups, and engaging with third party research sources when applicable. The role will be working in a fast-paced environment reporting directly to the VP of Enterprise Research, If you are confident that you will be a good fit to join our organization, we would love to meet you!
- Use primary and secondary research to deliver insights to inform business decisions to drive company growth.
- Works closely with all enterprise business units to identify define, and support research needs and objectives.
- Provides recommendations on research findings to inform key business decision makers on customer and market insights.
- Conduct web based and in-person research, analyze results and tailor deliverable type to ensure insights are understandable and actionable.
- Develop and maintain a repository of responses in a database format for reference by the organization.
- Help grow and support the overall enterprise capability to leverage data in a strategic manner.
- Work well in an environment requiring teamwork, quick problem resolution, and shifting priorities.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Willingness to adjust work schedule to meet deadlines.
- Support of other key analytical or survey objectives that are aligned with organizational strategy as needed.
Education and Experience
- A Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, or the social sciences required.
- Must have 5+ years of experience conducting qualitative or quantitative research involving the collection and analysis of original data.
- 5+ years of writing research articles or reports and making oral presentations of research results.
- Two or more years working in an academic or business organization preferred.
- Two or more years utilizing SPSS or similar statistical software preferred.
- Experience working with database technologies, to include query languages is preferred.
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- Free breakfast and lunch every day!
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package that includes paid vacation, personal, sick and holidays
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Free on-site fitness center
- A beautiful 1.25-mile long walking path!