Member Engagement Manager
About CPCU Society and The Institutes
A not-for-profit organization located in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing— our talented team delivers innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. In 2021, The Institutes was named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the sixth time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
The CPCU Society, an affiliate of The Institutes, is an international membership association supporting risk management and insurance professionals. The CPCU Society provides members with networking and knowledge opportunities that individuals need to get ahead and achieve their goals.
Member Engagement Manager
We have an excellent opportunity for a Member Engagement Manager, who will lead and manage our CPCU Society volunteer interest groups and online community to provide valuable content and knowledge sharing. Focused on growing member value and involvement, we are seeking a highly motivated and technology-driven individual with a strong background in managing and cultivating online community engagement while also collaborating with volunteer leaders on key goals. The ideal candidate will be innovative, creative, and possess exceptional decision making skills. If you are confident that you will be a good fit for our team, we would love to meet you!
- Implement member engagement strategies with goals of acquisition, retention and renewal of members.
- Work with Senior Director of Membership and Marketing to develop and implement strategic recruitment campaigns that grow paid membership. Communicates value proposition to existing and prospective members.
- Continually identifies and evaluates member needs, priorities and assesses overall level of engagement
- Oversee Interest Groups, including serving as liaison to Interest Group volunteer chairs, committees, and governors, to ensure alignment with Society strategic plan. Ensure they are providing value to members and supporting consistent member experiences.
- Serve as staff liaison to volunteer committees, task forces, and interest groups as assigned. Guide groups in meeting annual strategic goals, fulfilling group missions, and monitoring budget expenditures.
- Manage online community by developing and maintaining a content/member engagement strategy that will drive conversation, connect members with shared interests, and identify and recognize top contributors.
- Utilize automation and web tracking to drive community discussions and identify topics of interest/value.
- Facilitate Interest Group and volunteer active use and engagement with INteract communities to create valuable interactions between and for members.
- Monitor online community conversations and refer outstanding questions to appropriate staff and volunteers.
- Gathers, reports, and analyzes INteract usage metrics. Recommends strategies to increase member use and engagement.
- Provides guidelines and best practices to chapter and volunteer leaders to support online community growth and value including orientation training for volunteer community administrators.
- Review, prepare, and present program reports/updates/presentations as needed both internally and externally
- Travel to Annual Meeting, Leadership Summit, and other programs as necessary. Ensure successful onsite execution of events alongside events team.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years’ experience in program development, education, and/or association management (preferred)
- General awareness of emerging trends impacting insurance professionals
- Works well within a team environment
- Proven experience managing and cultivating online community engagement required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, customer management systems, website platforms, social media platforms. Ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- CAE preferred
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package that includes paid vacation, personal, sick and holidays
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- On our Malvern campus: Free lunch every day when working on campus, onsite fitness center, and a beautiful 1.25 mile walking path
Role is remote currently and for the near future. Candidates should be able to commute to Malvern, PA on a regular basis.