Meeting & Events Manager
About The Institutes
A not-for-profit organization located in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing— our talented team delivers innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. In 2022, The Institutes were named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the seventh time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
Meeting & Events Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for Meeting & Events Manager to join our team. In this role, you’ll manage all essential aspects of pre, on-site and post planning for conferences and events both in-person and virtual. We’re seeking someone highly organized who’s looking to join our culture-driven and collaborative team. If you have a passion for meeting planning, we would love to meet you!
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and implement detailed program needs (including but not limited to room set-up, function times, audio visual, menu selections, on-site/off site events, DMC operations, special events, ground transfers, room deliveries and VIP needs.
- Provide on-site program assistance (i.e. attend pre-con, advance all functions, verify room set-ups, review banquet checks and assist with VIP needs).
- Direct responsibility for program development, planning, execution, and all its components, of all assigned initiative and projects from the point of venue selection to post event recap and bill reconciliation.
- Ensure seamless execution of online registration
- Liaise with third party online registration vendor for any updates, customizations, and functionality issues/errors
- Participate in the strategic planning process for all meetings and events
- Proactively gather all necessary information on each project to achieve high quality of all aspects for each meeting/event.
- Conduct, research and participate in site visits, and find resources to help staff make decisions about meeting/event locations.
- Preparing budgets for all Enterprise-wide meeting and events during planning and prepare final reconciliations.
- Manage the expenditures of all meetings and events through online accounting system
- Assist in managing effective relationships with outside partners (vendors/consultants)
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- 3-5 years’ meeting/event planning experience required.
- Contract negotiation/renegotiation skills
- Sourcing and budgeting experience required
- Demonstrated vendor management experience including production and registration vendors
- Demonstrated event management experience, nonprofit industry experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- CVENT, Event Management and Hospitality Solution software experience preferred
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package that includes paid vacation, personal, sick and holidays
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- On our Malvern campus: Free lunch every day when working on campus, onsite fitness center, and a beautiful 1.25 mile walking path!
Role is hybrid with at least two days each week in the office. Candidates should be able to commute to Malvern, PA at least two days per week.