Sales Account Executive
About The Institutes
A not-for-profit organization located in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing— our talented team delivers innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. In 2019, The Institutes was named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the fifth time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
Sales Account Executive
The Institutes are committed to providing customer-first and innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. As the industry’s trusted knowledge leader, we provide a comprehensive range of professional development solutions that our customers engage throughout all stages of their careers. With our continued focus on putting the customer first, The Institutes must have a top-tier sales organization to create and maintain effective partnerships with our customers. The Sales Account Executive (SAE) will be tasked with creating and leading a growth strategy for assigned accounts. Partnering with the Senior Director of Sales, this role will collaborate in transforming sales into a strategic capability. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and sales skills, good business acumen, independent thinking, and the ability to work across multi-functional teams.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Build and maintain relationships and sales revenues with assigned customers by learning and understanding their needs and providing expertise in the development of customer business solutions
- Develop Strategic Sales and Account Plans within assigned territories focused on those organizations (remove geographical) and customers for whom we can have the most significant impact for their organization, the industry as a whole and to garner significant revenue opportunities for TI
- Execute sales plans in coordination with TI overall marketing plans and analyses jointly produced by the Senior Director of Sales and VP of Sales
- Develop virtual selling capabilities that are relevant to assigned accounts. Expand customer network to build strategic connectivity across levels and functions
- Using market intelligence, social media and networking opportunities to develop relationships with prospects, stakeholders or influencers within assigned accounts
- Develop and present business review reports to customers to develop insight-driven growth plans collaboratively
- Develop intimate knowledge of customers and position TI as a strategic partner helping customers solve their major strategic objective issues, not just as an education provider
- Develop and document relationships with stakeholders and decision makers at all levels within the customer organization and assist them in reaching alignment around the TI solutions being offered
- Be a sounding board for listening to customers, aggregating insights and communicating a holistic picture of key actionable data to appropriate TI staff so that we can align our efforts around customer needs for the purpose of incorporating these into the collateral marketing material and the solutions being developed
Education and Experience
- College degree required.
- 3 years successful B2B sales experience required
- Experience in risk management, insurance, and/or financial services industry preferred.
- Must thrive in a work-from-home mode and have strong competence with remote selling and communication platforms (Teams, Skype, Zoom, etc.)
- Must be willing to travel
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package that includes paid vacation, personal, sick and holidays
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage