Multimedia Graphic Designer
About The Institutes
A not-for-profit organization located in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing—our talented team partners with our customers to deliver innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. In 2022, The Institutes was named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the seventh time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
Multimedia Graphic Designer
The Institutes is looking for a creative and innovative Multimedia Designer to join our design team. You’ll play an integral role in the development of our digital-first courses, marketing campaigns and UX, ensuring brand consistency and a five-star customer experience. The Multimedia Designer will also help lead the design team forward by looking for opportunities for advancement in design and technology that can be utilized across the enterprise. Come help us transform the way we educate and deliver knowledge to the insurance industry. If you’re confident your experience is a match, we’d love to speak with you!
Role is hybrid with at least two days each week in the office. Candidates should be able to commute to Malvern, PA at least two days per week.
What You’ll do:
- UX design:
- Translate business, user needs, and technology constraints into concepts that are meaningful, easy to use, and engaging
- Design wireframe and prototypes for web pages and mobile apps
- Work within brand guidelines to create layouts that reinforce a brand’s style or voice
- Help build out UX design processes and tools
- Work with IT development team to ensure delivery meets requirements identified
- Collaborate with the Design team to evolve and refine our design system, ensuring visual cohesion and efficiency across all user touchpoints
- Champion the creative process using persona research and user feedback to work with the Director of Design and Marketing teams to develop annual creative strategies.
- Take ownership of projects from start to finish - including research, ideation, visual design, prototyping and testing, creating, and presenting design concepts to stakeholders.
- Design professional-quality materials including promotional collateral, presentations, newsletters, infographics, advertisements, social media graphics, etc.
- Participate in the design and advancement of presentation methods for use in educational solutions delivered in multiple formats.
- Design and develop digital assets, videos, animations, and new formats TBD.
- Consistently look for opportunities of advancements in design and technology and ways to improve style guides, web sites, materials, and products.
- Supports video and digital projects through graphic design, storyboarding, production, and revision.
- Represent UX and design on Institutes' project teams.
- Brainstorm and provide creative input to help bring forth new and innovative ideas that will help better serve our customer.
- Serves as a technical and design resource for others.
- Stay current on trends in digital and web design.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree in design or related field.
- Experience in UX/UI design preferred. Adobe XD or another platform experience and/or UX certification preferred.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite - InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop (required), AfterEffects and/or PremierePro (preferred)
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package that includes paid vacation, personal, sick and holidays
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- On our Malvern campus: Free lunch every day when working on campus, onsite fitness center, and a beautiful 1.25 mile walking path!