Event & Education Programming Specialist
About The Institutes
A not-for-profit organization located in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing— our talented team delivers innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. In 2021, The Institutes was named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the sixth time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
About The CLM
With membership of 50,000, CLM connects claims and litigation management professionals, outside counsel, and industry service providers. CLM is well known for its best-in-class conferences, robust committees and local chapters, two magazines, digital content, and a wide variety of other industry resources.
Event & Education Programming Specialist
CLM has an exciting opportunity for a motivated, detail-oriented and collaborative candidate to join our team as an Event Programming Specialist. This role will work closely with the CLM’s Committee and Community Chairs to manage the deliverables for the education component of CLM’s conferences. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication and time-management skills, a strong sense of urgency, and the ability to work collaboratively and multi-task in a fast paced, deadline driven environment to deliver exceptional products and superior customer service.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with assigned Committees/Communities to coordinate objectives and meet established deadlines, i.e. topics and speakers confirmed, receipt of presentation materials and entry of conference related information into the company's website.
- Coordinate the organization’s Committees/Communities in order to collect and review presentation materials, including content for CE and/or CLE accreditation by the state agencies, and ensure materials meet company and state guidelines.
- Schedule and facilitate all Committees/Communities related conference calls.
- Work with all Committees/Communities to coordinate and manage their work: writing articles for CLM magazines, preparing and presenting webinars, and presenting at conferences.
- Schedule Committees/Communities webinars, posting them on the appropriate websites, and providing support to the webinar moderator.
- Maintain detailed records (usually on an Excel spreadsheet) of each assignment Committee/Communities’ deliverables, including deadlines and status of completion.
- Communicate with members via e-mail or telephone, as necessary.
- Support organizational strategic initiatives and goals to achieve desired departmental results.
- Demonstrate urgency and high-level of customer service by handling a high volume of emails; and, read and reply to emails and telephone calls within 24 hours or as the urgency of the matter dictates.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned which may include, but may not be limited to, answering phone calls and performing general office duties.
We’re Looking for someone with:
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- One to three years’ experience in a customer service or client-facing role.
- General understanding of the insurance industry with emphasis on claims resolution and litigation management is a plus.
- Candidate must possess a higher than average level of proficiency in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Internet research, and general office technology.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a collaborative and customer service-oriented environment at a fast pace.
- Experience working with internal and/or external groups to effectively coordinate and complete complex projects within strict timeframes.
- High sense of urgency, strong organizational skills and be exceptionally detail oriented with superior ability to multitask in a deadline driven environment.
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage