Meetings and Events Manager
About The Institutes
A not-for-profit organization located in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing—our talented team partners with our customers to deliver innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. The Institutes was named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for 2019, for the fifth time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
Meetings and Events Manager
The Institutes are the leader in delivering proven knowledge solutions that drive powerful business results for the risk management and property casualty industry. As a knowledge and thought leader, we continue to expand the ways in which we serve the industry, including an increasing number of meetings and events for its affiliated organizations. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, motivated and creative individual to join our not-for-profit team as the Meetings and Events Manager. This role will be responsible for program development, planning and execution of the many Enterprise wide meeting and events.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum 3-5 years of meeting planning experience, be detailed oriented with the willingness and ability to learn new technologies.
* Develop and implement detailed program needs (including but not limited to room set-up, function times, audio visual, menu selections, on-site/off site events, DMC operations, special events, ground transfers, room deliveries and VIP needs)
* Provide on-site program assistance (i.e. attend pre-con, advance all functions, verify room set-ups, review banquet checks and assist with VIP needs)
* Direct responsibility for program development, planning, execution and all of its components, of all assigned initiative and projects from the point of venue selection to post event recap and bill reconciliation
* Ensure seamless execution of online registration
* Liaise with third party online registration vendor for any updates, customizations and functionality issues/errors
* Participate in the strategic planning process for all meetings and events
* Proactively gather all necessary information on each project to achieve high quality of all aspects for each meeting/event
* Conduct, research and participate in site visits, and find resources to help staff make decisions about meeting/event locations
* Preparing budgets for all Enterprise wide meeting and events during planning and prepare final reconciliations
* Manage the expenditures of all meetings and events through online accounting system
* Assist Director in managing effective relationships with outside partners
* Serve as liaison with vendors and clients on meeting/event related matters
* Work cross functionally with other departments
* Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process
* Adhere to all deadlines and turnaround timelines
* Keep current on industry trends and recommend modifications to operational plans as needed
Education and Experience
* Minimum of 3-5 years meeting/event planning experience
* Contract negotiation/renegotiation skills
* Sourcing and budgeting experience
* Demonstrated vendor management experience including production and registration vendors
* Demonstrated event management experience, nonprofit industry experience preferred
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
The Best Part? The Benefits.
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
* Free breakfast and lunch every day!
* 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
* Generous time off package that includes paid vacation, personal, sick and holidays
* Paid maternity and parental leave
* Tuition reimbursement
* Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
* Free on-site fitness center
* A beautiful 1.25-mile long walking path!