About The Institutes
Headquartered in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing— our talented team delivers innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. In 2022, The Institutes was named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the seventh time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
As the industry’s trusted knowledge leader, offer a wide range of professional development solutions that support risk management and property casualty insurance professionals throughout their careers. With our continued focus on putting the customer first, we have an exciting opportunity for an analytical self-starter to join our Finance Team as an Accounting Associate. We are looking for someone who is detail-oriented and has excellent problem-solving skills to assist in recording GL entries, preparing financial statements, creating account reconciliations, analyzing data, and preparing compliance reports. At The Institutes, we strive to reflect our cultural values in all of our efforts. If you enjoy working in finance and are confident that you’d be a good fit for our culture-driven team, we’d love to meet you!
- Prepare and issue daily bank activity reports for several business units. Research unusual cash and credit card transactions and initiate bank transfers within business units. Interact with business units and access multiple databases to resolve issues.
- Prepare month-end bank account, accounts receivable and payable reconciliations. Verify that received and paid ACHs, checks and wires have been recorded in general ledger. Calculate deposits in transit and outstanding checks. Research differences between accounts receivable and payable reports and financial statement balances.
- Assist with preparation of financial statement journal entries during month-end close.
- Assist with year-end audit.
- Review commission calculations prior to payroll submission.
- Backup accounts receivable supervisor and accounts payable manager.
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or working toward an Accounting degree or certificate in a related field is a plus
- Experience with payment processing, accounts receivable, accounts payable or bank reconciliations preferred
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels in the organization
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Good Microsoft Excel Skills and a willingness to train to advance skills
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package that includes paid vacation, personal, sick and holidays
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- On our Malvern campus: Free lunch every day when working on campus, onsite fitness center, and a beautiful 1.25 mile walking path
The role is hybrid with at least two days each week in the office. Candidates should be able to commute to Malvern, PA at least two days per week.