Event Content Development Specialist
About The Institutes
A not-for-profit organization headquartered in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing— our talented team delivers innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. In 2022, The Institutes was named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the seventh time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
About The CLM
With membership of 50,000, CLM connects claims and litigation management professionals, outside counsel, and industry service providers. CLM is well known for its best-in-class conferences, robust committees and local chapters, two magazines, digital content, and a wide variety of other industry resources.
Event Content Development Specialist
We have an exciting opportunity for an Event Content Development Specialist to support deliverables for the education component of CLM’s conferences and other offerings – both live and virtual. In this role, you’ll facilitate and coordinate with CLM Community Chairs to ensure that educational offerings occur, that session presentation materials are received by the deadline, speakers have been assigned and registered, and that CLM’s website is updated with all relevant information. If you have a customer-first mindset and are passionate about educational programing, we would love to meet you!
What You’ll Do:
- Manage multiple large-scale projects and events as point of contact demonstrating accountability, responsibility and ownership resulting in high impacting learning programs.
- Serve as the Senior Programming Specialist on the Programming Team by demonstrating strong work ethic, professionalism, teamwork, decision making, relationship cultivation, facilitation skills and sharing best practices in professional learning and development.
- Apply strategic, business, and organizational acumen and financial awareness to meet CLM business goals and objectives.
- Work with assigned Communities to coordinate objectives and meet established deadlines, i.e. topics and speakers confirmed, receipt of presentation materials and entry of conference related information into the company's website.
- Coordinate the organization’s Communities in the collecting and review of presentation materials, including content for CE and/or CLE accreditation by the state agencies, and ensure materials meet company and state guidelines.
- Communicate expectations with Community members and share survey and program evaluations.
- Work with the assigned Chairs to strategize and identify timely and relevant topics and potential speakers.
- Schedule and facilitate all Communities related conference calls. Schedule Communities webinars, posting them on the appropriate websites, and providing support to the webinar moderator.
- Maintain detailed records of each assignment Communities’ deliverables, including deadlines and status of completion.
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in a client-facing role required.
- Experiencing developing educational content or programming required.
- Learning and development experience in adult education strongly preferred.
- Experience with instructional design is a plus.
- Candidate must possess a higher-than-average level of proficiency in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Teams, Power Point, Outlook, Internet research, and general office technology.
- Experience working with internal and/or external groups to effectively coordinate and complete complex projects within strict timeframes.
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage