Director of Knowledge Partners
About The Institutes
A not-for-profit organization located in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing— our talented team delivers innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. In 2021, The Institutes was named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the sixth time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
Director of Knowledge Partners
The Institutes are the leader in delivering professional development solutions for risk management and property-casualty insurance professionals throughout their careers. With our continued focus on performance-based educational solutions, The Institutes are seeking a dynamic relationship cultivator with a strong business acumen to establish and maintain a network of contributing risk and insurance professionals. The Director of Knowledge Partners will be responsible for connecting risk and insurance subject matter experts with internal content teams to create new performance-based courses and other educational content at The Institutes. The ideal candidate will have at least 8 years of experience in the risk management or property-casualty insurance industry and a strong ability to identify relevant trends and engage experts to assist with our mission. If you are confident that you will be a good fit for our culture-driven and collaborative environment, we would love to meet you!
- Identifies industry trends and timely topics that The Institutes’ ProKnowledge audiences need by working with key internal stakeholders including Enterprise Research, Content Development, Sales, and Marketing. Matches identified topic needs with individuals in the risk management and insurance industry who have the relevant subject matter expertise and/or required thought leadership
- Serves as the primary filter to evaluate SMEs for a variety of possible roles, including thought leadership on specific course development, expert content review; presentation and content development skills, using TI's established repeatable SME evaluation process. Maintains a strong customer perspective that considers both what are relevant topics and the level of depth needed on those topics to meet students’ needs along with understanding of how students learn.
- Maintains, grooms, and grows a database of SMEs with identified areas of expertise and capabilities, serving as manager of these external resources.
- Provide oversight to external SMEs, including knowledge contributors, writers, and presenters, ensuring successful delivery of SME content in alignment with the project and strategic goals of The Institutes’ ProKnowledge brand.
- Works with cross-functional teams and departments within The Institutes to provide content for various course development purposes.
- Champions The Institutes brand, affiliates, and strategic partners.
- Enriches new and existing content for the ProKnowledge business unit.
- Manages budgets and forecasts with a focus on ROI.
- Engages in ongoing professional development necessary in order to support essential responsibilities above.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Eight or more years of experience in risk management or property-casualty insurance industry
- Understanding of basic content copyright and trademark issues required.
- Understanding of The Institutes content and customer needs, as well as existing, new, and emerging topics for risk management and insurance professionals.
- Microsoft Office skills required.
- CPCU Designation preferred
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package that includes paid vacation, personal, sick and holidays
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Onsite Cafeteria in Malvern- free breakfast and lunch every day!
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage