About The Institutes
A not-for-profit organization located in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing— our talented team delivers innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. In 2021, The Institutes was named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the sixth time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
About The CLM
Established in 2007 and a member of The Institutes since 2018, the CLM is the largest membership-based organization dedicated to meeting the professional development and networking needs of claims and litigation management professionals in the property and casualty insurance industry. With membership of 50,000, CLM connects claims and litigation management professionals, outside counsel, and industry service providers. CLM is well known for its best-in-class conferences, robust committees and local chapters, two magazines, digital content, and a wide variety of other industry resources.
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and collaborative team-player to join our CLM team as the Staff Assistant. In this role, you’ll be responsible for performing a diverse set of administrative and clerical functions for our leadership team. You’ll play an integral part in maintaining positive business relationships internally and externally for the CLM. If you’re eager to join a value-driven and collaborative team, we would love to meet you!
What You’ll be Doing:
- Provide administrative support to the CLM Leadership Team including written correspondence, copying, filing, mail, record keeping, invoice processing, etc.
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations and other written materials.
- Complete operational, KPI and other management reports.
- Coordinate logistical needs for meetings including scheduling and distribution of information.
- Make travel arrangements and prepare expense reports.
- Exercise independent judgment, escalating serious or unique problems.
- Handle requests for information in a professional and timely manner.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality through all work assignments
We’re looking for someone with:
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- One to three years of administrative experience; prior experience in a corporate setting preferred.
- Hands-on experience and strong proficiency with MS Office applications, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must possess a high degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple projects through strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required.
- Knowledge of insurance, claims or legal industries is a plus but not required.
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package that includes paid vacation, personal, sick and holidays
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage