Director of Assessments
About The Institutes
A not-for-profit organization located in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing— our talented team delivers innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. In 2019, The Institutes was named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the fifth time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
Director of Assessments
The Institutes are committed to providing customer-first, innovative solutions that empower risk and insurance professionals to develop their knowledge in their practice. We have a great opportunity for a Director of Assessments. This individual will focus on developing exams for The Institutes’ designation courses and custom courses. The Director of Assessments role is responsible for the developing new, performance based exam question types, building credentialing exams, collaborating with external subject matter experts, and responding to student questions and inquiries. We are seeking an innovative, forward looking thinker with experience in either commercial underwriting or risk management. By joining The Institutes, you’ll benefit by being a part of a collaborative team that welcomes new thoughts and ideas for solving business goals.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Create valid, reliable, and balanced credentialing exam forms for all assigned courses
- Maintain exam banks for assigned courses with a sufficient number of valid and reliable application based questions for building balanced exam forms
- Provide expert review of new Institutes’ content for assessment-level quality standards with the customers’ perspective in mind as part of the content development process
- Develop and manage external question writers including providing guidance and oversight to external exam question writers with training, review, and feedback
- Promote and participate in teamwork among the Directors of Assessment by taking initiative to help on other projects during busy time periods thereby enabling the team to achieve the departmental goals
- Set an example in The Institutes’ five core values (Do the Right Thing, Be Customer-First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative)
- Maintains and expands subject matter expertise in Institutes and other content
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred
- Institutes’ designation(s) preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in the risk management and commercial insurance industry strongly preferred
- Statistical analysis experience is required
- Project management experience required including working with external writers
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- Onsite Cafeteria in Malvern- free breakfast and lunch every day!
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package that includes paid vacation, personal, sick and holidays
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Free on-site fitness center
- A beautiful 1.25-mile long walking path!
Role is remote currently and for the near future.