Lead Lighting Artist
ABOUT SPLASH DAMAGE
We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our studio culture is rooted in our open, friendly, and collaborative environment. Our games are made by people from all over the world, from our entry-level Fresh Talent hires to industry veterans, and we believe that fostering that diverse culture is the best way to build both our games and our studio. We have won numerous awards, including a ‘World-Class’ accreditation by Best Companies and being named one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for.
While our offices are based in Bromley, UK, our people have access to progressive working patterns that give them the flexibility to decide how to do their best work.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Work your way with access to progressive working patterns including hybrid and fully remote
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- 25 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
At Splash Damage, our Lead Lighting Artists help us deliver striking and beautifully lit games, infused with mood and atmosphere, guiding players through memorable journeys. They have a great taste and understanding of composition, tones and color and know how to achieve strong cohesive looks that elevates the game experience, story and image quality. Splash Damage is looking for a talented Lead Lighting Artist to join our growing teams of exceptional developers, helping us to create exciting games that are expertly built and enjoyed by millions. Working closely alongside both our Art Directors and Lead Artists you will bring creative passion and technical skills help drive the quality of our current and upcoming titles.
- Bring the Art Directions vision and Aesthetics to life with excellent fidelity.
- Use the tools to their best effect, and collaborate with the Rendering team to push the technical boundaries while ensure the game is well presented and performant in different platforms.
- Building and maintaining a Lighting Pipeline that is scalable and that can provide excellent results.
- Ensuring the visuals of the game deliver a great game experience and readability.
- Leading, motivating and inspiring a team of creative artists while helping them to maintain quality, efficiency and consistency through feedback and mentoring.
- Strong understanding of art principles including tone, composition and colour theory.
- Good leadership and empathetic people management capability.
- Good understanding of Physically Based Rendering and HDR pipelines.
- Mastery over the baked and dynamic lighting solutions in Unreal.
- Awareness of the emotional storytelling that lighting brings to a scene.
- Experience developing quality lighting under runtime constraints.
Bonus Points for:
- An understanding of cinematography lighting fundamentals.
- Experience shipping titles on the Unreal Engine.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we'd love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.