About Splash Damage
We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our studio culture is rooted in our open, friendly, and collaborative environment. Our games are made by people from all over the world, from our entry-level Fresh Talent hires to industry veterans, and we believe that fostering that diverse culture is the best way to build both our games and our studio. We have won numerous awards, including a ‘World-Class’ accreditation by Best Companies and being named one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for.
Our offices are based in Bromley, UK, and we have adapted a 4 day work week onsite.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
As a Technical Lead, you will be accountable for all of engineering in your project, starting with Project: ASTRID. You will lead the engineering teams, overseeing the day to day development of the game while liaising with production as well as the studio technical leadership to establish and maintain technical direction.
As the main technical point of contact for the project and in charge of all technical aspects of the game, you will work within the Core Leadership team of the project, leverage your engineering discipline leads, liaise with game design, level design, art and production teams, and act as the main technical point of contact for the project.
We believe that constantly improving on our skills is an essential part of the job and offer regular leadership, management, and mentoring training opportunities.
You excel at
- Leading engineering teams.
- Setting clear technical direction, intent, and best practices within your team.
- Co-ordinating technical planning and task scheduling with production.
- Working with the studio technical leadership to establish and maintain technical direction.
- Identifying risks and blockers early and proactively removing them.
- Working effectively in open and collaborative environments.
- Seeing the big picture impact of decisions and critically evaluating them.
- Nurturing professional growth within your team with an enthusiastic attitude and a team-first mentality.
- Communicating ideas, intent, and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Professional experience overseeing a large engineering team throughout the full game development cycle on a shipped title.
- Professional experience overseeing a team of engineers.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Experience creating and maintaining roadmaps and technical plans.
- Experienced and proficient in C++.
- Professional Unreal Engine 4/5 development experience on PC and/or consoles.
- Professional development experience with real-time networked multiplayer games.
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with waterfall and/or agile production methodologies.
Even better if you have
- Experience with resource planning and recruitment
- Experience developing Game-as-a-Service games.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.