Senior Technical Animator
We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our studio culture is rooted in our open, friendly, and collaborative environment. Our games are made by people from all over the world, from our entry-level Fresh Talent hires to industry veterans, and we believe that fostering this diverse culture is the best way to build both our games and our studio. We have won numerous awards, including a ‘World-Class’ accreditation by Best Companies and being named one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme.
- 4 day work week: Tuesday - Friday
- 20 days of annual leave, equivalent to 5 weeks within a 4 day work week.
- Summer & Winter closure, not taken from holiday allowance - 1st full week of August and Christmas Eve to New Years day.
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process.
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service.
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling.
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader.
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Animator to join our growing team at Splash Damage and help bring our characters to life. As a Senior Technical Animator at Splash Damage you will be responsible for working with a team of animators, technical artists and technical animators in developing and maintaining animation systems, rigging, tools and workflow processes.
- Be the source of truth for the animation creation pipeline.
- Work closely with the discipline and project leads on the implementation and development of animation tools and pipelines.
- Be the second in command for tech animation for the project and assist on mentorship for the team members.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Good eye for animation is a must.
- Great communication and people management skills.
- Excellent problem solving, highly motivated and proactive with a CAN-DO attitude.
- Excellent technical knowledge of Maya, 3D Max, Motion Builder or equivalent software.
- Expert knowledge in animation pipelines.
- Strong knowledge of scripting for DCCs or Editors: Python, C++ or C#
- Expert knowledge with at least one game engine's animation systems: Unreal, Unity, CryEngine…
- +5 years working experience with AA or AAA games.
- Have a relevant portfolio showcasing examples in game animation features, prototypes, tools and rigs developed by the candidate.
- Collaborative problem-solving skills.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Expert knowledge in animation systems for Unreal.
- Experience working with mocap data.
- Facial animation setups.
- UE5 experience.
- Experience with animation blueprints.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.