Senior Concept Artist
About Splash Damage
Splash Damage is dedicated to crafting team-based games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork. We’ve forged enduring experiences within some of gaming’s most beloved franchises over the years and are now entering a bold new era fuelled by ambitious projects utilising both established and original IP, a move into self-publishing and expansion into new locations.
We're advocates for a healthy work-life balance and believe that our teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. We're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Our efforts have been recognised with several best employer awards over the years. Most recently, we were awarded the coveted 3-star ‘world-class employer’ accreditation by Best Companies and named the 58th best large company to work for in the UK, and the 29th best large company in London.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 situation, we're all currently working from home. We continue to hire across our projects and will set you up remotely for the time being.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with the 24/7 Babylon digital GP service
- Get mental health support from our trained Mental Health First Aiders or via our third-party counselling service
- 24/7 employee assistance helpline offering advice and support on a range of topics, including health, relationships, finances, and the law
- 25 days of annual leave, plus 8 public holidays and our annual closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Industry-leading fully-paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
- Enhanced company pension contributions
- Our famous social events are open to you and your family to help you build friendships and have some fun along the way
- Group life assurance scheme
With our fantastic AAA Projects forever pushing our studio's growth, Splash Damage is seeking a new Senior Concept Artist to come and join the SD Family.
Working closely alongside both our Art Directors and Lead Artists you will bring creative passion, vision, and inspiration to help drive the quality of our current and upcoming titles.
Collaborating with the projects developers, you will be called upon to create inspiring designs ranging from realistic to sci-fi. From initial speed sketches, through to product-defining visuals – developing imaginative visual solutions for the various aesthetic, technical, design & narrative considerations in a timely fashion.
Splash Damage as studio is hugely invested in the ongoing development of our staff, as part of these initiatives, you will help lead, mentor & develop the skills of junior members of the concept team.
Essential Skills and Experience
Having shipped multiple titles, you are well embedded within the video games industry, with a thorough understanding of the games development pipeline.
You have experience in design & illustration and a strong understanding of Art fundamentals such as colour theory, composition, shape language, lighting, form + function, perspective, and a burning passion for excellence & the video games medium!
You are fluent in Photoshop & possess a strong capacity to learn new tools.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of industrial, sci-fi and mechanical design principles and their application to fictional characters, vehicles, machines, weapons etc
- Good understanding of how to construct credible and realistic mechanical designs
- The ability to match and define a variety of art styles with minimal supervision from management staff
- Strong anatomical knowledge Character design; unique and interesting characters in a range of styles
- Architectural knowledge – strong understanding of the layout, proportions & construction of a range of building types, both realistic and imaginary.
- Experienced in 3D packages
- Strong traditional artistic skills
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.