ABOUT SPLASH DAMAGE
We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our studio culture is rooted in our open, friendly, and collaborative environment. Our games are made by people from all over the world, from our entry-level Fresh Talent hires to industry veterans, and we believe that fostering that diverse culture is the best way to build both our games and our studio. We have won numerous awards, including a ‘World-Class’ accreditation by Best Companies and being named one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for.
While our offices are based in Bromley, UK, our people have access to progressive working patterns that give them the flexibility to decide how to do their best work.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Work your way with access to progressive working patterns including hybrid and fully remote
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- 25 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
We are looking for a high impact, passionate leader to lead a large team of developers to deliver the next AAA hit.
You'll be responsible for the delivery of the project and ensuring that it meets the studio’s goals. You are the standard bearer and immediate point of contact with the Studio Leadership Team.
You’ll be the head of a senior team that will collectively own the responsibilities for strategic planning and delivery, including roadmap planning, team building and organization, client management and alignment all while balancing internal and external needs to ensure an on-time, on budget, high quality delivery.
What you will do
- Be the point of contact between the Studio and Dev Team for all project related communication, including development scheduling and planning, budget matters, product vision, team morale and recruitment
- Maintain a well-organized, efficient and happy team
- Identify and solve issues before they turn into bigger problems
- Create a "can-do" atmosphere that inspires the team to perform beyond their expectations
- Hold your senior team accountable for the quality of the game experience
- Coordinate and manage your senior team of Designers, Artist, Programmers and Production staff, and ensure that are managing their own disciplines and reports
- Work in close partnership with our Studio Management to maintain alignment throughout the project
- Own the negotiation of all contracts with external resources used on the project, in tandem with the Studio’s Outsourcing Manager
- Own project P&L to maintain project profitability
Skills you'll need
- Leadership skills including attracting and inspiring top talent, public speaking that drives action, and creating a culture to succeed
- Extensive experience working in live service games development as a Senior Producer or higher
- Proven track record of delivering projects on time and to quality, with at least 2 shipped console or PC titles
- Deep understanding of game development and pipelines including knowledge of latest production methodologies (Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall, Lean)
- Ability to balance forecasting, strategy, planning, and execution
- Solid understanding of major trends in the gaming business
- Strong presentation skills at every level of the business
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- UE5 experience a plus
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.